(Closed) 30 day shred questions

posted 5 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1556 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think the weights I used were only like 3lb. hand weights. & yes, I did it everyday for 30 days straight. Hope that helps!

Post # 4
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I am going to be starting the 30 Day Shred as well, combined with Zumba classes at my gym. I will be using 5lb weights and see about moving up from there! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
945 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@gettinghealthy38:  I was thinking about getting back into it again too! I typically am traveling so much that i don’t have a month straight to dedicate to it. I’ve been one of those do it for a week and then stop people. ๐Ÿ˜› I’ll join you in your 30DS quest on Monday. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
132 posts
Blushing bee

The hardest thing for me was doing it the second day, because I was SO sore after the first workout. Never made it through 30 days straight though.

Post # 7
1891 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’ve always done 30DS (as well as No More Trouble Zones, which is also an excellent Jillian workout, and Ripped in 30, which is similar to 30DS) with 3 lb weights.  I’ve never been able to do the same video every day for 10 days straight though–I feel like all the Jillian videos kill my shoulders too much!  I think the best way to do Jillian workout DVD’s is switching them up so you don’t do one workout day after day.  I love 6 Week 6 Pack too!

Post # 8
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I used 1.5kg weights, which are just over 3lbs, and did the Shred every day except the two days a week I go to the gym.  However, I only made it to workout 7 of level 2 before stopping.  Maybe I’ll start again with you guys on Monday!

I read somewhere that Jillian Michaels recommended doing the Shred on 2 days, then a different cardio workout on the third day, but I’m not sure now where I heard that. 

Post # 9
3618 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I used 5 pound weights and did it 5-6 days a week.

Post # 10
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

When I was on 30DS, I did it with 5lb weights and did it 5 days a week (Sunday-Thursday).

Post # 11
1770 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I use 5 lb weights. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find the motivation to stick with it daily.

Post # 12
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@gettinghealthy38:  When I really committed to it, I would do it four days a week (Monday – Thursday), then I did a P90X workout on Saturday with my husband. It is embarrassing to admit it, but from years of volleyball I have stronger legs and pretty weak arms, so I typically rotate between 1lb weights and 3 lbs depending on the strength exercise. 

But… I definitely want to start it up again! So I’ll join you on Monday ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
4049 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I’d recommend starting with 3lbs weights. After you’re done with the first 30, you may want to repeat 30DS and can try 5lbs weights then. Unless you’re already super buff – then jump in with 5lbs!

I actually don’t have any weights, so I’ve used big ol’ jars. Haha. They are probably equivalent to 1lb weights, and that is really too light for me. I’m going to do 30DS again (did it a couple months ago), and I think I will run out and get some 3lbs weights.

Post # 14
1416 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I used 5lb weights when I did it, and I did it every day except for one weekend skipped when I was hungover LOL. It got me used to working out every day and then I felt confident enough to try harder programs (most of which have 6 days/week, but are harder and go for longer than a month), and after a couple weeks of doing the harder programs, I also got the strength and confidence to up the weights considerably. I personally found it to be a great way to jumpstart working out! I marked off my calendar (1:1 for level 1, day 1, etc) and wouldn’t allow myself to cross off the day on my calendar as “done” until I had worked out and marked it down. 

Post # 16
5007 posts
Bee Keeper

I love this workout! I don’t use it daily as a weight-loss tool, more of just a quick workout when I don’t have time to go to the gym. I use 5 pounds weights and have never done it more than once a week.

The topic ‘30 day shred questions’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors