(Closed) 30 days to go… and I BROKE A NAIL.

posted 5 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
1022 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Breath 🙂

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! I would go purchase some fake nails, and play with them a litte. Maybe file one down to match the rest of your nails? Will you be painting your nails for the day, or doing a french? I promise that everyone will be looking at how gorgeous you look, and won’t notice if you have one fakie on 🙂

Post # 4
1193 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@rachelmichelle:  I will tell you salons can do wonders! If it makes you feel better, I completely  knocked off my big toe nail and praying it comes back by the wedding :/

Post # 5
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

they will be able to fix it — either glue the nail back together if its not completely ripped and silk wrap it or just do an acrylic on that one

Post # 6
8473 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

Arg.. I can feel your pain because I was so careful too not to break any.  Just see how it grows back, and if by your wedding week it’s too short, get a fake one put on. 

Post # 7
7175 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@rachelmichelle:  same thing happened to me – 2 weeks before the wedding.  I was SO upset!  I ended up getting a french manicure and my nails looked awesome.  I’d cut the rest to a little shorter size (so they are more uniform) and then have a manicurist work their magic.

Post # 8
49 posts
Newbee

I think you’ll be fine, actually. 30 days is a good amount of time for a nail to grow back. Take some biotin supplements. They seem to help with hair and nail growth.

Post # 10
619 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

If it’s 2/3 ripped, there won’t be much they can do about it. Best bet is to trim the broken nail off and neaten up the edge.

How long are the rest of your nails? You could possibly consider getting a tip on that one finger, but you’d be surprised how fast nails grow. I’d just get a new shellac manicure and use plenty of cuticle oil.

Post # 11
1880 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

You can do just one fake nail. I’ve seen it done before and I’d never have known if it wasn’t pointed out to me. I feel your pain… I am trying to hard to not break my nails all off before my wedding! With 30 days that would be enough time for mine to grow a lot, because they grow like 2-3mm a month, but idk how fast your nails grow.

The topic ‘30 days to go… and I BROKE A NAIL.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors