(Closed) 30 Somethings I have a question about kids

posted 6 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I always wanted kids, so I have to say that even though I was 32 and it was a HUGE change I was glad for the change. I don’t know what to tell you, other than you do have some time to see if your feelings change strongly one way or the other. Parenthood is wonderful but a lot of hard work. I also know people who have chosen to be child free and they are very happy. So there is no right answer! Good luck.

Post # 4
828 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

No way! I love that I got to spend my twenties having fun, spending time with DH and all my friends, showing up for every bridal shower, wedding, baby shower, baptism as the “no kids/not married” friend. I got to enjoy cocktails after work. Weekends getting pedicures and shopping. Driving a convertible as my main vehicle. Things I never would have done as often as I did if I had my son then (not that I still don’t enjoy those things! hehe). 

I had him this past December. I was 31 and married for just under a year (we’ve been together/ilving together for a decade). And I feel like this is the best time of my life. I feel like all the pieces fell into place at exactly the right time for me. I have had just enough carefree past and am so ready, so excited for my future. 🙂 

Post # 5
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I was childless until  was 33 years old. My husband and I talked about not having children because we loved our lives so much,and I cried my eyes out when I found out I was pregnant because I thought it was my social death sentance. I even said so to my parents. 

My one- year- old daughter is better than any vacation, restaurant, career, anything that I was ever thinking would stand in the way of me wanting to have a baby. So having been on both sides of the fence-my advice/experience is that once you push your baby out of your body you are totally over any doubt you have about how you will feel.

I RUN home from work every night to see her. I’m having way more fun now than I have in my whole life-and I traveled and partied my butt off in my 20’s. The newborn phase is really hard, and I’ve posted about the struggles of having a newborn, but it doesn’t last forever. Good Luck in your decision. There are many people who decide not to have children who are having the times of their lives too, but since I fit the criteira you posted about-this is my opinion. That’s not to say I don’t miss the casual happy hour turning into happy 3 in the morning, but in the grand scheme of things there isn’t really a comparison.

The topic ‘30 Somethings I have a question about kids’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors