30 WITH A TEENAGER SEX DRIVE! DID YOUR SEX DRIVE CHANGE AFTER YOU TURNED 30?

posted 3 years ago in Married Life
  • poll: DID YOUR SEX DRIVE CHANGE AFTER YOU TURNED 30?
    Stayed the same : (9 votes)
    20 %
    I am in overdrive... I want it all time! : (22 votes)
    50 %
    It went down : (9 votes)
    20 %
    Other (please explain) : (4 votes)
    9 %
  • Post # 3
    9220 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

Yep.  To all the ladies who are in your 20’s:  It just keeps on getting better.  And better.  And better.  🙂

Post # 4
    2079 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@Amandarhill:  My sex drive actually increased in my late 20’s. It has decreased or went back to about how it was in my early 20’s in the last year or so. I’m 35 now. I’d definitely say I noticed an increase between 28 and 33 though.

DH is 36, his drive has decreased over the last two years. I think a man’s sex drive decreases in their 30’s and peaks when they are 18 or 19.

Post # 5
    7195 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I voted “other” – it went down, but I attribute that to motherhood rather than age. The last few years it’s been on the up though, and even though menopause is in sight it’s still climbing 🙂

ETA: I wonder if it goes up if you’re not a mother, because your body is screaming “BABY MAKING TIME”! 🙂

Post # 6
    2880 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 1998

Mine totally skyrocketed after 30 and I’m almost 36 now and theirs no stopping me:))) 

Post # 7
    2212 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Mine has gone thru the roof – thou we are TTC too so luckily DH just has to keep up for “better odds” hehe I think there is some truth in the more you have the more you want thou – because I may be bone tired from work and I am still ready and raring to go 🙂 DH has decreased a little over the years BUT it could also be that he is lazy and figures I’d initiate anyway and just waits! 😀

i also assume once kids enter the equation things may slow so I’m gonna enjoy it while it lasts 🙂

ETA: I’m 31, DH is 33

Post # 8
    3394 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

@Amandarhill:  Nope, mine all, but disappeared. Then when I met FI it came back and now it’s just recently gone again. I can’t imagine my body wants a new sex partner every year to keep it happy. I think having kids in my 20’s had something to do with it. I dunno. I’m old and tired and uninterested. I’ll be 36 tomorrow.

Post # 12
    2100 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Ehhh…When I was about 32, for a year it was through the roof. Since then it has tempered.

I wanted it all the time, every day…no matter what. And I wasn’t dating anyone at the time either. But since I can’t say that it’s any different than in my 20’s.

Post # 13
    2100 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

@jadlnc:  I just turned 36. I don’t feel old at all! 😀

Post # 14
    1284 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Mine did, but it was also because I went off the pill – if I’d known the effect it was having on my libido I’d never have gone on it!! Enjoy 🙂

Post # 15
    5839 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2010

Just wait until you hit 40…sex drive slows waaaaaay down. I love DH, find him the sexiest man alive, we are touchy feely all the time and have a great time when we actually do it. But we just dont BD all that often. Enjoy it while it lasts…

Post # 16
    2696 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I love this thread. I’ve always heard that for women, their peak is in their 30’s.

I’m 27 and have DEFINITELY experienced an increase. I had an awful libido before..now DH laughs at how persistent I am. lol

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors