30 x 60 tent layout ideas/suggestions

posted 3 years ago in Reception
Post # 4
1049 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I think it looks like a good setup… my only thing is it seems that your bridal party table is quite far away from your guests.  I am certainly no expert at this but perhaps you could put yourselves closer somehow?

Just my two cents 🙂

Post # 5
42538 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

MissPhish:  Is this drawing to scale?

Post # 7
636 posts
Busy bee

I agree, it feels like your guests are too far away from you for sure. At a minimum I would re-arrange it so the head table is near middle of the right side of the room and so that they are close to the guest tables – everyone should be able to see you easily and the way it’s laid out feels very separated from the guests. I’d even suggest rearranging the entire thing (i.e. put the dance floor somewhere else). What about changing the orientation of the tables? Would that not work? Then you could put the dance floor in the middle, with tables on either sides, and the head table middle right? I haven’t sketched it up, but it’s just an idea for you.

Post # 8
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

MissPhish: 

If you have big booty people in your family like I do (I’m one of them), you need a lot more space between the tables. So that people can comfortably pass others with chairs pushed out. 

Another thought, check with the tent company about the placement of the poles. That may put a hex on your design anyway. 

I agree with a PP that you are too far away from the action. Personally I’d run the wedding party along the length of the 60′ put the guests tables split between the dance floor and either have two buffet lines for each side or spread the buffets around the edges sorta like a tour of food (of course menu pending).

Another thought, are you having a cake table? Gift table? Space should be provided for them too. One more thing, tent walls? Personally it’s better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them. That being said sometimes they can turn your tent into a sauna after a freak rain storm. 

Final thought you could run the wedding party along the 30′ side keep the dance floor in the center. Make a chevron “V” pattern with the remainder of the guest tables and at the center of the chevron put the wedding cake And buffet.  That way, your guests are right in the middle. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors