30 year old Bees and Above, Please?!

posted 2 years ago in Emotional
  • poll: What do you think?
    You are being too hard on yourself! : (25 votes)
    39 %
    It is ok to reflect on the past, but keep looking forward. : (37 votes)
    58 %
    You are not being hard enough on yourself!!! : (0 votes)
    When you turn 30, you become crazy, so good luck. : (2 votes)
    3 %
    TGIF! : (0 votes)
  • Post # 2
    9949 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

I think finishing school is important, and that you should continue on that path.

As far as turning 30 goes, I was really freaked out by 29 more than 30, but 30 was scary.  I thought I was going to be fine, but the day before was my cousin’s wedding (in Napa) and my now-husband, then-boyfriend couldn’t be there.  I was sharing a hotel room with my parents like I was 12.  I sat in the bathroom and cried and my mom came and talked to me.  Like I was 12, ha.  But I will tell you this…31 was easier, and 32 was cake.  Every year since I’ve turned 30 has been positive and good in many ways.  The best thing is that I feel a lot more settled than I ever did.  I’m not as anxious about plans for the future, and I don’t compare my life track to other people’s anymore.  I think that’s something that comes with being a little older.  I’m just calmer in general.

Post # 3
    10453 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: January 2011

I was miserable turning 30, not because of my age, but due to that fact that things beyond my control had me in a place that I didn’t expect to be at that age.  I couldn’t even have the type of party I thought I would have for 30 because of the situation.

Things happen, life never goes exactly as expected.  It’s ok.

Post # 4
    318 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

Every one freaks out about being thirty, because it’s the end of our youth, as now we are no doubt about it adults. I read in my psychology class that the brain does not fully mature until we turn thirty and we think of our own mortality more. But I will tell you one thing, every year after that gets better! I am 34 and I am absolutely loving life more now than ever! I am more secure with who i am and have a great fiancé that can give me what I want. Cheer up it really dies get better from here. oh and do not be jealous of what others have, you never know if they are jealous of you! 

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  znowbird22.
    Post # 5
    6665 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2010

When I turned 30, my husband had just left me after 10 years of marriage. I had to start my life over- with a 3 year old. I am 37 now, and while I have some regrets, I would not change most things. I have learned a lot- and now as I approach 40, I am looking forward to it. I think everyone goes through what I call the “shit years”- make your next decade better than the last!

Post # 6
    432 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

Honestly, I’m 24 and feel like my real life will not truly begin till I hit 30. Why? Because I feel like everything I’ve done/accomplished up to this point has been all in some sort of preparaton for “adult life”. My 20s have been spent hustling in school, hustling for credentials, and will be spent hustling to get these loans paid off.<br />You have a great son and are about to be married! Those are great accomplishments as well. The grass always seems greener on the other side, when it actually isnt. 

Post # 7
    1312 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014 - NH

Just take what you have learned and think out your choices before going forward.  Do not buy another new car, they depreciate SO fast and it’s not worth it.  Pay off your car and keep it for as long as possible. Consider refinancing it if it is not at a favorable rate. The time has come to stop blaming yourself for the choices you’ve made in the past, but it’s also the time to make better choices.  Can you cut back on wedding costs?  It’s your choice on what to spend that money on….but realize that you can make changes now to cut down on costs and save the rest.  If saving is really important to you and your partner, I would save at least half of what you get in wedding gifts.  You’re in charge hun, you can do this!

Post # 8
    5208 posts
    Bee Keeper

bebelicious1:  Look, this is the truth……..people get better with age. I turned 37 this year, and when people joked if I was “29 again,” I told them no way! I am better now than I was last year, and there are a lot of people who get told they’ll never see 37, so I’m thankful for another year.

Life is not a race. Your education is important, but honestly, I am an advocate for people waiting until they know themselves a bit before deciding what they want to do with the rest of their lives. Who knows what they want to do with the rest of their life at 18? There are a lot people who end up with $60,000 in student loan debt just to switch careers later on. I work with  A LOT of people who did this and are now in my profession. I’ve been in my field since I got out of highschool, and I honestly would change careers if I could.

As for the rest, I don’t have much advice(I’m a home owner, and I feel like it is kind of over rated TBH, but many will disagree)…..just stay the course. These things will come in time. Just don’t forget to enjoy your life while your working towards your goals. It’s about the journey, not the destination 

Post # 9
    1230 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

I remember when I turned 30, or at least the week leading up to it. I felt like a total failure at life. The day after I realized how foolish I was. Regardless of age, life goes on. Just keep plugging away at what it is you need to do. I don’t miss my 20s at all. My 30s have been wonderful. Youth is wasted on the young!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors