300 sandwiches and she gets her ring…

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 4
238 posts
Helper bee

I’m sorry but there’s no way I’d make 300 sandwiches for a ring! If my SO agreed to this I’d be out of there… 

Post # 5
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

This part of that article REALLY irked me –  “You’ve been up for 15 minutes and you haven’t made me a sandwich?”’

How about honey I love your sandwiches would you make them more often for me? BUT not to expect it every waking moment and not to make it into a deal for an engagement ring.

Post # 6
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Edited – double post.

Post # 7
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@MelBan:  This rubs me the wrong way too. You should get engaged because you both are ready to move on. Not because you’ve proved “worthy” of marriage. If my SO doesn’t already know I’m worthy, then we’ve got bigger issues. I know its not as deeply rooted as she means it to be but there’s still something so cheap about working for the gold based on what you do for him.

The only time its acceptable to physically work toward earning a gold ring is the olympics.

Post # 8
802 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Backyard Forest

My SO and I had a discussion about this last night. 

My question is if this girl actually taking it seriously. I take the blog in good humour and all out of a fun journey to making sandwiches for her boyfriend.

I honestly think the website is telling the story in this tone so it gets all kind of hype (traffic) and this kind of reaction since they found out one of their writers was the owner of the blog and they could play it however they wanted. 

In her actual blog she says…

“Even if he doesn’t, the journey will be tasty enough for me. And I hope for you, too.”

Post # 9
2319 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

It definitely rubbed me the wrong way!

Post # 10
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

I reckon he was joking and she took his throwaway comment and ran with it… but I’m also very interested to know what’s going to happen at the presentation of sandwich #300! I also reckon she should cheat and make 1 or maybe 2 rubbish sandwiches a day – she’d get to her goal way faster (less to blog about I guess)!

But… what she is making looks damn good :3

Post # 11
311 posts
Helper bee

I think this is adorable! She took a off the cuff remark and created a terrible wonderful blog! All of the sandwiches look delicious too! Her bf and her look like they are having fun with it and he probably looks forward to her new creations!

Why is this any different than the engagement chicken or all the watiing bees and their walk dates or ways to get him to propose? People are so critical!

Post # 12
2783 posts
Sugar bee

I’m sorry but I don’t like the idea of a women “working” for her ring. He should give it to her because he loves her and wants to marry her, not because they made a deal and she fulfilled it. I think the whole thing is a big turn off

Post # 13
44 posts
  • Wedding: October 2015

@Ninteenthchance:  I absolutely agree. And if this what the start of their life together is like, what’s the rest of it gonna be like? Sounds like a control thing to me.

Post # 14
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

This article nearly made me spit out my coffee. Nobody would tell me to get out of bed to make them a sandwich if they wanted to live another day haha

Post # 15
6407 posts
Bee Keeper

because pressing the sexism button to get attention is the way to go.

Post # 16
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Um, no. This is just weird…and not in the good way. 
I’ve heard way too many sandwich jokes (NOT from FI lol) to take this in stride.  

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors