(Closed) $3,000 vacation budget – where to go?

posted 3 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
1254 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@MRSsrm85:  Is 3000 for one person or two? For 3000 you could probably go to Paris for a couple days, so I would definitely do that. I love Paris!

Post # 4
919 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@MRSsrm85:  Heck, if there was a 3k budget not including airfare I suppose a person could go anywhere they wanted to.

Post # 5
1018 posts
Bumble bee

@MRSsrm85:  NOT including flights? I’d go somewhere in Europe of Australia. Probably Australia as it tends to be more expensive so if I had $3000 after buying the plane tickets that’s where I’d go. I’d take one of those sweet boat trips that take you out to the reefs!

Post # 6
8847 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Bali!  It’s SO cheap once you get there, and everything is amazing and paradaisacal.

Post # 7
1648 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2000

For 3K, you guys can go anywhere!  I just got back from the Galapagos Islands and it was sooo amazinggggg.  You can also go to Europe, Paris is great obviously, London, Zurich, Florence…the list goes on and on.  Would not recommend Asia if time is limited since you lose at least a day flying.

Post # 8
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

A non-Bahamas exotic cruise! There are so many new exotic destinations out there and that would leave you at $1,500 each for maybe a nice 7 day cruise to where you’ve never been or always wanted to return to. 7 day cruises often have 2 or more destinations, which is extra fun for a vacation. Also, you don’t have to worry about food and lodging. 🙂

Post # 10
1555 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Id do a cruise becuase 1: you pay more upfront but the food is free, 2: you can see lots of places without the normal travel to get there and 3: cruises are fun as hell

theres so many options! Although the Caribbean and Bahamas are nice and fun, don’t forget about Alaska.  Theres SOOO many neat things to do.

Post # 11
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Malta and Croatia.  You can live it up and have amazing accommodations without blowing your entire budget as you might in pricier European countries.  Plus, they have beautiful beaches.

Post # 13
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Los Willows Wedding Estate

Costa Rica!! I went for a month to study abraod (it was a required to get my Bachelors) and I fell in love. We will be going there for our hooneymoon in 2 years.

-travel is super cheap..we went cross country on bus and it was about $28 USD round trip.

however food already made (i.e. reastaurants) it can get a little on the higher end but not too bad. i spent about $2000 and I was there a month..im pretty sure you guys can do plenty of awesome adventures with all that money.

-volcano visiting

-tortuga island

-could forest

-go across the country and swim in the carribean

its just such a wonderful and relaxing place. plus the locals are suuuuuper nice..and will not rip you off because you are a tourist.

Post # 15
2627 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Ambergris Cayes in Belize?

South of France

Post # 16
6786 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - A castle!

@MRSsrm85:  Posting to follow 🙂 Good luck!

The topic ‘$3,000 vacation budget – where to go?’ is closed to new replies.

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors