32 and starting all over? Is it possible or will i die alone

posted 3 years ago in 30 Something
Post # 3
4901 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Thirty two is very young.  Plenty of women, myself included, start over with wonderful men in their 40s, 50s, 60s & beyond.

Your chilbearing years are finite, but not the time to find love.

Post # 4
894 posts
Busy bee

Oh my goodness, you are still so young.  I started over at 32 as well.  And am doing so now in my mid-40s.  I know it’s super scary but life is an adventure!  Think positive.  You will be just fine and find someone that will love you like you deserve to loved. 

Post # 5
480 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Yes, plenty of time to start over.

I have so many friends who are in their 40s having started wonderful, loving relationships at that age.

My Aunt got remarried at 60 after her first husband died and even that isn’t that old for love.

So yes, plenty of time to start over and you still have a few years for kids, My mother was 38 when she me and 40 when she had my sister.

Post # 6
3735 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@sassy411:  Very sweet response and very true.

@maxfluffy:  I am sorry you are going through this and feeling heartbroken. You will find love again when you are ready to pursue it!

Post # 7
917 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hang in there! It’s definitely not over, although I know it’s hard.

I also broke off a 4 year relationship due to commitment issues. I was 32 at the time. I had been convinced for the longest time that he was the one and would come around eventually. It was SO hard to do, and I hung on a lot longer than I should have.

But the good news is that 5 months after that breakup, I met my now fiance. Things have been so much easier in this relationship. He proposed just before our 2 year anniversary, and I will be getting married 2 months before I turn 35.

We will still have to wait a bit for kids due to grad school and finances, and yes I’ll be older than I really want to be, but I can’t imagine being with anyone but him at this point. I really feel like I’m finally where I’m supposed to be.

Post # 8
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I feel for you, I really do. But 32 years old and you’re afraid you’ll die alone? Give me a break! Have yourself a one-day pity party and then put on your big girl chonies and move on. 32 is nothing.

Post # 9
11379 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@maxfluffy:  i have been in past relationships and knew that they just weren’t right.  i had to end them.  it’s hard to imagine starting all over again, especially when you have invested so much time.  trust me, it’s worth it.  i met my now dh when i was 43.  i am so glad that i never gave up hope.  he was worth waiting for.

Post # 10
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@maxfluffy:  Lol.  You’ll be fine!  I got divorced at 30.  Then I found a wonderful man and we’re getting married later this year.

I’m not saying it’s going to be easy.  At 30’s, your dating pool significantly shrinks because people will have already gotten married and not yet divorced yet.  But be patient and work towards your goal and you’ll find someone.  Sitting at home, eating ice cream, and watching Redbox movies won’t find you love, but it will give you time to heal.  Then when you’re ready to start looking agin, ask your friends, family, neighbors if they know anyone.  Or join online dating sites.  GL!

Post # 11
6505 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

@maxfluffy:  *HUGS* good for you for being able to break that off.

I’m younger than 32 but I have seen plenty of people find love at a much later age. One of my great aunts has outlive 3 husbands so she “started over” at about 50 and 75. My grandpa also “started over” at 60 after my grandma died. I have seen tons of other examples in my life of others finding love at a later age so I think it’s fairly common. 

You are choosing to be happy instead of being strung along (although I guess I don’t really the whole situation but it kind of sounds like that) so you are definitely NOT a loser! 

Post # 12
3112 posts
Sugar bee

@maxfluffy:  You’ll be fine!  Mr. Right is out there just waiting for you to find him!

Post # 13
1631 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@maxfluffy:  Currently 30 now and like to think I have my whole life ahead of me.

I say you should listen to heart on this one and if it says to move on then do so.

Please keep your head up. Be strong. We are always here to listen if you are feeling exceptionally down – but I think the mental and emotional strength of women is something beyond measure.

Post # 14
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I met my FI when I was 32!  Granted we both had kids from our first marriages so having kids of our own isn’t necessarily in the plan.  But you will definately find someone!  We met on e-harmony, I recommend it for someone scared about starting over as I was.  It took me days to weed through the guys on e-harmony that wanted to talk to me.  FI was the first I gave my phone number to and the only date I went on!!  Good luck!

Post # 15
849 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@maxfluffy:  Oh my goodness *hugs*. You’ll be fine, plenty of time for babies and marriage. Just enjoy whatever changes are in the wind, and look forward to a more fulfilling relationship! x

Post # 16
1312 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@maxfluffy:  I left my bf of 7.5 years and am now engaged to a man of my dreams at 33 and getting married in October.

These days it’s quite common for people to start that part of their life in their 30’s. I have girlfriends my age that are not even in relationships.

Things happen for a reason. Better to be starting fresh now then 10 – 20 years from now due to a relationship that wasn’t meant to be. Think of this as a blessing !

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors