32 Weeks pregnant and SOOO Over it *VENT*

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I don’t know what it is like to be pregnant up to 32 weeks. I can imagine it is difficult, as you have pointed out. However, I am going to post this on behalf of other women who may also be feeling this while reading your post. I have had trouble being pregnant. I’ve struggled for many months. I have had miscarriages and felt the pain of not knowing if I can ever have a sustainable pregnancy. I find the insensitivity of this post extreme. I know this is a public forum and there is freedom of speech. However, freedom of speech does not protect you from getting feedback on what you say. It protects you legally. So this is for all the 6+, 1 year+, and all the ladies who are struggling with even getting pregnant right now. You should be thanking your body for letting you experience this life inside you. You should not be upset at the baby because you can’t do things. Pretty sure you should have expected half the things on your list. I know this won’t be well recieved by everyone on this site, but for people like me, it needs to be said. I wish you a very quick next 8 weeks. Hopefully for those of us struggling we will praise every day, every kick, every “negative” thing because at least it means we are pregnant and we will make it.

Post # 3
3190 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

LittleLadyW:  you said exactly what I was thinking! Thank you 🙂

Post # 5
2782 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

GonnaBeMrsB:  I’m 29+5 pregnant– and even I am finding your post a little…..offensive.

Do you seriously only wake up ONCE @ 3am to pee?!?

Post # 6
1663 posts
Bumble bee

I understand that this is just a vent, but the tone is just so harsh. And what I wouldn’t give….

Post # 7
2802 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

GonnaBeMrsB:  I’m sorry you’re feeling so overwhelmed! Being pregnant can be physically and emotionally difficult. You might want to consider reading “Expecting Better” by Emily Oster – after reading her book, I’ve been finding it much easier to eat! (She looks at and explains a lot of the real risks in things like deli meats – likely fine, soft cheeses – fine as long as they’re made with pasteurized milk, and alcohol – a small glass of wine or beer, sipped slowly and with food is just fine.) I’ve felt a lot more relaxed since reading it, and pregnancy is easier when you don’t feel like eeeeverything is off-limits. 

Also, for what it’s worth, I did have a tough time getting and staying pregnant – a miscarriage followed by six months of TTC – and even though I am grateful every single day for this healthy baby I’m carrying, it doesn’t mean that there aren’t parts of it that suck. Twelve weeks of constant nausea, food aversions and barfing on my morning commute sucked. My swollen feet, aching back and the bowling ball lodged in my stomach that makes it awkward to get comfortable – they kind of suck. You can complain and be incredibly grateful at the same time. Hang in there. Have a small glass of wine or half a Unisom (pregnancy category A!) and get a good nights sleep and know that it will all be over in a few short weeks!

Post # 8
464 posts
Helper bee

LittleLadyW:  I have to compeltely disagree with you. While I understand the struggle of becoming pregnant, it’s not as though the OP has stomped into the TTC board and posted this vent. It’s in the Pregnancy board. She has every right to voice frustration. She has acknowledged that she is happy that she will be having a baby- this isn’t about that. This is about her wanting to express the difficulties and physical exhaustion of the condition of pregnancy on her emotional and physical wellbeing. It’s not helpful to come in here and essentially just tell her to be grateful. She has every right to vent, and I think if you disagree with it, it’s far more respectful to simply close this thread than write something hurtful.

GonnaBeMrsB:  I’m so sorry you’re having a hard time. I totally sympathise. I hope that baby is nice and punctual so that your pregnancy can end in a few weeks and you can enjoy your gorgeous baby, and all of the lovely things you’re missing out on in pregnancy!

Post # 9
209 posts
Helper bee

Keep going your nearly there 🙂

I’m also 32 weeks and finding it very physically painful. 

It will worth it in the end x

Post # 10
2738 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Why do people take things so offensively? Just because one person may be struggling to get pregnant doesn’t mean that another person who is pregnant can’t vent. These boards are getting absolutely ridiculous anymore! I feel like no matter what someone posts, someone else has some problem with it!

I loved your post! I thought it was hilarious & I’m glad you were able to vent. Everyone needs to vent. I can’t even try getting pregnant because of a medication that I’ve been on…but weaning off of. I’m so sad that I can’t even try right now. And it’s going to be another 4 + months until I’m done with it. I would give anything to be able to be pregnant. But that doesn’t mean that I can’t enjoy your hilarious post! You might not have thought it was meant to be funny but it was. Your list kept going & going & your complaints were entertaining! I’m going to post the same kinda thing when I’m 32 weeks pregnant! Screw everyone who thinks that you can’t vent because they were dealt different cards in life. Vent away hun!

Post # 12
2782 posts
Sugar bee

LittleLadyW:    There are many people on this site who are both pregnant- and then those struggling to become.  While I envy the fact that OP apparently gets up once a night to pee (I’m up 6x/night)- and I “appreciate” some of things she lists- because I, too, struggle to take a satisfying dump, my hips hurt and I tire easily…..I also cringe at some of the things she’s complaining about.

But another thing that needs to be noted– TTC comes with it’s own set of struggles, and pregnancy comes with it’s own set of struggles.

Unfortunately, life isn’t fair.  I read some posts on here and laugh- because $50k budgets (weddings) are SO hard for some brides to make good decisions, or they can’t decide between a 2.5 or 3.4 carat diamond.  The good news for me- I don’t want a 2.5 carat diamond– but I’d love to have to money used to pay for it.  I simply don’t have it- or least have it as disposable income.  

I’m sorry that you’re struggling with getting and staying pregnant- I truly am.  And I understand that it’s annoying when people voice thier complaints about pregnancy- when you’re wishing for it and it hasn’t happened at this point.

Being pregnant isn’t easy for everyone- and they need a place to vent, too.  Problem is, everywhere a pregnant person might be, there’s also someone TTC who is either having problems, or just isn’t there yet.  I see so many women- almost bitter- at the pregnant people, just because they ARE, and they aren’t.  

I guess I just don’t like to see all the TTC-ers jumping down the throats of pregnant women all the time- and I’m finally saying this because I see it on the Bee semi-often.

Post # 13
209 posts
Helper bee

OP I’m At 32 weeks I’m suffering bad!

I know what your going through! 

Im humilated every night because my SO has to walk me to the toilet at least 5 times, he has to physically lower me onto the toilet and then help me off and dressed again, because the pain is that unbearable. Spoke to my midwife and different doctors who basically tell me to ‘man up’. 

Sometimes the pain is that bad I’m in tears and have actually not got to the loo in time.

I’m 23 in good shape and it’s my first baby. Pregnancy is hard. 

i love my baby to the worlds end and would die for him! But it’s normal and ok to get upset/frustrated with the symptoms of pregnancy.

Post # 14
2738 posts
Sugar bee

LittleLadyW:  if you’re sensitive to this topic then you can choose to not read a post that is marked under pregnancy where the title clearly states that she’s struggling. You can vent under TTC & she can vent under PREGNANCY. Regardless of how happy the outcome is of a situation, the journey isn’t always pleasurable & this poster has every reason to vent & to be able to do so without getting back lash. This is just ridiculous to me. I’m sorry.

Post # 15
2738 posts
Sugar bee

Yorkshirerose1991:  oh no! Are you serious? I’m scared to get pregnant! I guess I’ve never really thought about the discomfort because having kids is so incredibly common. So because everyone does it,  I just don’t think of it as being hard. Shoot!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors