(Closed) 32 Weeks pregnant sister of the Groom! Help!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Findind a comfortable evening maternity dress that you could wear more than once is an achievement. I wouldn’t be offended by someone wearing that to my wedding, especially if they were pregnant. You feel fat in everything when you’re 8 months pregnant (I’m currently 9 months) and black is known to be flattering.

Post # 3
1780 posts
Buzzing bee

black and wedding has always been a strange line with me. If it is a black tie affair then it is totally acceptable. If it is a more casual wedding I would at the very least pair it with a super colorful bolaro or something to make it look less-funeral ish. I don’t know where you are but if may where you are is cool in any way I would start looking for bright and festive accessories and maybe a 1/2 length cardi?

Post # 4
9559 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Unless this is a very formal wedding,I think that dess is fine! And the ban on black isn’t observed by most people these days.

Post # 5
1152 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

oliviaeatworld:  I think you’ll look fab! Just an idea, could you find a fun bold/colorful necklace to go with it that will make it pop?

A black maxi is a very elegant choice and being pregnant, I think it’s really important you feel comfortable too so I think you’ve made a good choice! And agreed, I don’t think the ‘no black’ applies anymore. I’ve worn black to non-black-tie weddings plenty of times and never felt out of place (and I was never the only one in black either!)

Post # 6
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I mean, if you weren’t going to be so very pregnant, I’d say maybe find another color, but if it’s a dress you’re comfortable in 8 months pregnant, go for it.

Could you maybe do it up with some very colorful jewelry and shoes?  I mean, I get that you’ll likely want to wear flats, but maybe some bright flat sandals?

Post # 7
Bee
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - The Meeting House/DoubleTree by Hilton

I’d say go with what you’re comfortable in. I might be concerned about the black if the wedding is during the day )which is more just personal preference), but I think black is definitely fine for an evening wedding. Honestly, I wouldn’t think twice about my fiance’s sisters coming to our wedding in black. I do like PPs ideas of colorful accessories to pop with the black!

Post # 9
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Totally fine. Since it is spring, maybe add brightly colored jewelry (mint? coral?) to tone down the black. 

Post # 10
7656 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

I think its a great dress (I’m 9 months pregnant and comfortability is more important than looks at this point). Maybe get a bright colored shawl/jacket thing (the short sleeve ones-I don’t know what they are called exactly lol) and/or pair it with some bright jewelry like PPs suggested.

Post # 11
215 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2005

oliviaeatworld:  Love it! I think it will be flattering and functional. I really wouldn’t worry about wearing black. 

I think you should go with PP’s suggestions and wear some kind of colorful/springy accessory. I love clutches and any excuse to carry one is a good excuse for me and a wedding is perfect. Maybe you could find a cute springy colored clutch to carry? Peach or yellow or something like that? 

Post # 12
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

oliviaeatworld:  Gorgeous dress! It will be very flattering, and if you feel comfortable in it thats a huge plus. I see no problem with wearing that. 

Post # 13
3508 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

oliviaeatworld:  I’m 8 months pregnant now and I know how hard it is to fine a dress that is flattering and dressy! I think that dress is beautiful and black is A OKAY in my eyes at weddings!

Post # 14
7498 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

I think it’s perfect, and I’ve worn black to almost every wedding I’ve been to.

Post # 15
3831 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

oliviaeatworld:  I personally LOVE black. I love black clothing and especially a black gown. It looks very elegant to me.

We put our Best Lady in a black gown and it looked beautiful in my opinion. Seriously, some of these “old school” rules are just that – OLD.

By the way, you will be 8 months so really you can wear whatever you want. You need to be comfortable.

The topic ‘32 Weeks pregnant sister of the Groom! Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors