32 Weeks pregnant sister of the Groom! Help!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Findind a comfortable evening maternity dress that you could wear more than once is an achievement. I wouldn’t be offended by someone wearing that to my wedding, especially if they were pregnant. You feel fat in everything when you’re 8 months pregnant (I’m currently 9 months) and black is known to be flattering.

Post # 3
1785 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

black and wedding has always been a strange line with me. If it is a black tie affair then it is totally acceptable. If it is a more casual wedding I would at the very least pair it with a super colorful bolaro or something to make it look less-funeral ish. I don’t know where you are but if may where you are is cool in any way I would start looking for bright and festive accessories and maybe a 1/2 length cardi?

Post # 4
9526 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Unless this is a very formal wedding,I think that dess is fine! And the ban on black isn’t observed by most people these days.

Post # 5
1136 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

oliviaeatworld:  I think you’ll look fab! Just an idea, could you find a fun bold/colorful necklace to go with it that will make it pop?

A black maxi is a very elegant choice and being pregnant, I think it’s really important you feel comfortable too so I think you’ve made a good choice! And agreed, I don’t think the ‘no black’ applies anymore. I’ve worn black to non-black-tie weddings plenty of times and never felt out of place (and I was never the only one in black either!)

Post # 6
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I mean, if you weren’t going to be so very pregnant, I’d say maybe find another color, but if it’s a dress you’re comfortable in 8 months pregnant, go for it.

Could you maybe do it up with some very colorful jewelry and shoes?  I mean, I get that you’ll likely want to wear flats, but maybe some bright flat sandals?

Post # 7
216 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - The Meeting House/DoubleTree by Hilton

I’d say go with what you’re comfortable in. I might be concerned about the black if the wedding is during the day )which is more just personal preference), but I think black is definitely fine for an evening wedding. Honestly, I wouldn’t think twice about my fiance’s sisters coming to our wedding in black. I do like PPs ideas of colorful accessories to pop with the black!

Post # 9
299 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Totally fine. Since it is spring, maybe add brightly colored jewelry (mint? coral?) to tone down the black. 

Post # 10
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

I think its a great dress (I’m 9 months pregnant and comfortability is more important than looks at this point). Maybe get a bright colored shawl/jacket thing (the short sleeve ones-I don’t know what they are called exactly lol) and/or pair it with some bright jewelry like PPs suggested.

Post # 11
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2005

oliviaeatworld:  Love it! I think it will be flattering and functional. I really wouldn’t worry about wearing black. 

I think you should go with PP’s suggestions and wear some kind of colorful/springy accessory. I love clutches and any excuse to carry one is a good excuse for me and a wedding is perfect. Maybe you could find a cute springy colored clutch to carry? Peach or yellow or something like that? 

Post # 12
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

oliviaeatworld:  Gorgeous dress! It will be very flattering, and if you feel comfortable in it thats a huge plus. I see no problem with wearing that. 

Post # 13
3514 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

oliviaeatworld:  I’m 8 months pregnant now and I know how hard it is to fine a dress that is flattering and dressy! I think that dress is beautiful and black is A OKAY in my eyes at weddings!

Post # 14
7196 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

I think it’s perfect, and I’ve worn black to almost every wedding I’ve been to.

Post # 15
3806 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

oliviaeatworld:  I personally LOVE black. I love black clothing and especially a black gown. It looks very elegant to me.

We put our Best Lady in a black gown and it looked beautiful in my opinion. Seriously, some of these “old school” rules are just that – OLD.

By the way, you will be 8 months so really you can wear whatever you want. You need to be comfortable.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors