(Closed) $3300 for a men's gold wedding band??

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2440 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

That’s insanely over-priced. Especially because you are providing a good deal of the gold yourselves. You’re being had.

Do you have any images of the rendering?

Post # 4
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

That seems incredibly high. I would shop arond and see if you can get someone to do it at a lower price.

Post # 5
49 posts
Newbee

That’s crazy! Even if you weren’t providing the gold it should be less than half of that. 

Post # 6
3121 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Nooooooooo way!  DH’s cost about $400-$500 (I think!?!?)

Post # 7
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

that doesnt make sense. But then again it could depend on the “Area”  you are shopping. 

Post # 8
4606 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

That’s ridiculously high. 

Post # 9
5969 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2018

Mr. 99’s wedding band is very thick and he has VERY big fingers, when we bought his band a 14k white gold band, it was $2,500…since then, the price of gold has doubled and the ring apprasied at $5,000.

Post # 10
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

How many oz of gold is it? Gold is crazy hella expensive right now, over $1600/oz. You also want really, really pure gold, which is even more expensive!

Post # 11
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I don’t know.  My DH wanted a plain gold band so I got him a heavy weight, silk fit 10K band because he’s terribly hard on things and I knew he would beat the crap out it.  He only wears a size 8 1/4 and it cost almost $500.  I did a few comparisons and they were all almost the same price. 

The size of the ring, the 19K gold, and the custom factor might actually equate to that crazy price.

Post # 12
3357 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

NO.

Post # 13
1408 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

That’s ridiculous. We are doing a tungsten ring which you can get online for less than $50 

Post # 14
3689 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

How much more gold would they need to add than what you’re providing, and how freaking much are they charging for the design and crafting of the ring?  I could see that price maybe if you weren’t contributing any of the gold already.  But still sounds ridiculously high.

Post # 15
11273 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

it really depends on the amount of gold they are using.  gold is high right now so it could be right. 

just make sure that you know how much you are getting from the old ring and how much gold they are going to be using in the new ring so that you can make sure you are not getting ripped off.

Post # 16
2440 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@crayfish:  Why would you want pure gold?

The topic ‘$3300 for a men's gold wedding band??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors