3/4 sleeves in summer

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2132 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I wouldn’t.  I love the look of sleeves on dresses too, but can’t for a July wedding.  Wedding dress are already pretty hot- you would die in all the heat in August.  It would also look really funny in pictures especially when guests are going to be dressed like it is a summer wedding.  Try a pretty strap or a cap sleeve.  They would be more seasonally appropriate and still have a similar look of elegance

Post # 4
3570 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I wouldn’t.  And I would absolutely plan to have the wedding indoors.

Post # 5
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: St. Paul, MN

I have the same exact issue.. and I am literally trying to decide on that exact dress! My wedding is in early June, and the temp where I’m at could be anywhere from the 60s to mid 80s. I think I’m just going to go for it because I really love the look of sleeves. And I feel like the sleeves on this dress are breathable enough.

Post # 6
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

We are getting married in July and I’m wearing a strapless gown but putting a 3/4 sleeve lave bolero over it for the Church ceremony (the church is usually always cold and I feel sleeves are more appropriate for church)…and then removing it for the reception. 

Have you considered a bolero? It might give you some flexibility. 

Post # 7
564 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

My mom wore long sleeves in July when she got married. I don’t think it would bother me at all that my guests are in sleeveless And don’t men wear suit jackets in the summer??? DUH!!! Do what YOU want!!! Enjoy ur day!!!! 

Post # 8
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Our wedding is in August, north-east of France. I can’t predict the weather but it might be around 30C. I have a top which looks similar to your picture – illusion tulle with lace appliques. I just LOVE the look. I ordered it for the ceremony in the church, but plan to keep it on as long as I can. 

Actually, the dress you love seems to have detachable top too!

“Layered glitter and tulle wedding dress with Chantilly lace and ribbon. Strapless lace bodice with tulle camisole, bateau neckline and elbow-length sleeves. Back fastened with buttons. Princess skirt with appliqués to the waist, grosgrain belt and a little bow at the front.”

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors