35+ and TTC? Encouraging article I had found:

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
3817 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I liked this. I’m 26 but I feel as though there are so many messages out there making me feel as though I MUST get pregnant before 30 or I can just forget it. This article sort of made me feel better about all this panic that seems to be going around. 

Post # 5
2851 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@soyjoy222:  +1 I feel like an old hag at the ripe old age of 27 right now! LOL… I know it’s not true, but there is so much pressure to get pregnant before 30.

Post # 6
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Thanks so much for posting this!!!

Post # 7
1015 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m curious to see my RE’s opinion on this (we have male factor issues requring IVF).  I freak about my age (35), but my RE doesn’t seem too concerned (and I responded very well to IVF drugs, producing more eggs than a lot of younger women).  He still says I qualify as “young.”  He’s more concerned after 37.  I agree that age is just one factor.  A 20 year old can have dominished ovarian reserve, and a 45 year old can get pregnant easily.  But, both of those are quite rare and much more common the other way around.  And while I certainly don’t want to take away anyone’s hope, I would caution anyone reading the individual women’s stories to remember that the plural of anecdotes is not data (but I was very encouraged by some of the cited study results).  I’m active on an infertility board and see lots of women under 40 who struggle.  I also took exception with the notion that women would have more luck if they “just relax.”  We who deal with infertility hear that way too much, and its really really grating.  No amount of relaxation will make my husband’s parts start working.  I think doctors make generalities based on age, but that doesn’t mean that any one person will fall within those parameters.  Anyone here could have follicle counts and hormone levels more on par with someone 5 or 10 years her junior.

Post # 8
917 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

That’s good to hear. I will probably be 36 by the time we start TTC late next year.

Post # 9
5697 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

@soyjoy222:  I am almost 32 and I just got pregnant in one shot. Don’t worry! 30 is the new 20 when it comes to motherhood!

Post # 10
294 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I liked that article – far more hope inducing than anything else I’ve read. I’m 34 now and my husband and I have agreed to start trying next summer. Everybody who knows us seems to think it’s their duty to tell us that we should’ve started years ago and that my age is going to be an issue. It stresses me out to no end, but we’ve stuck to our guns and plan on doing what feels best for us.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors