3.5 months to TTC-What should I be doing?

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

@MapleCreekBride:  I don’t know if you’re interested in charting, but whether you are or aren’t this would be a good time to at least track your periods with an app. You might even be interested in temping. The reason I suggest it is because you get a general idea of how your body works, BUT in the event you do have issues after so much time has passed, you can show your provider that hey, these are the days I had a temp spike, this was my average cycle length, etc.

That is why I started tracking my days with an app (like Feritlity Friend). Just in case.

Other than that, as long as you’re eating healthy, exercising, and taking a prenatal (I take New Chapter organic prenatals) you should be good to go 🙂

Have fun, relax, and take it easy!

Post # 4
5460 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

My gyno told me to relax & have fun!

What I did instead was to start a prenatal- I got the one at my local grocery store, just check that it has folic acid/folate, iron, and DHA or DHEA (can’t remember which).

I started charting my temp and using the FertilityFriend app.  I did not use OPKs or track cervical mucous or anything like that.

We did the humpty-hump whenever we wanted to, since our first month TTC was not really trying with timed intercourse or anything, we were just having fun, trying it ou, seeing what happened.  I got pregnant that month.

This time we were more NTNP and I only kept track of my periods on the FF app.  I got pregnant within about 3 months this time.

Post # 5
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@MapleCreekBride:  I think you’ve got a good start.  As for prenatal recommendations, my doctor said anything OTC is fine.  Personally, I like the Target brand ones and the NatureMade with DHA.  

Post # 8
1648 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2000

I think you’re off to a great start.  Just relax and have fun.  That’s how I got knocked up right away lol 

As for the prenatal, my dr said anything that says ‘prental’ is fine but I take Perfect Prenatal by New Chapter which is organic and hasn’t given me any issues.  I also take Nordic Naturals prenatal DHA.  You can find these both on Amazon.  Highly recommended

Post # 9
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Congratulations! What an exciting time for you! I’m actually heading to the doctor for my pre-conception checkup this afternoon. I’ve not yet received any specific advice from my doctor, but I would suggest going to the dentist for a checkup if you’re due to. There are some dental procedures you can’t get done while pregnant, so it’s a good idea to make sure you don’t need anything. 

Post # 10
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I would suggest to have fun and relax like a PP, the stress of TTC can impeded on you actually conceiving. I’d say to chart to track but to put fun and spontaneity first and foremost. 

Post # 13
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@MapleCreekBride:  You don’t need multiple pre-natals if yours has both Folic Acid and DHA. Some don’t have DHA in them, so you’ll need to take a DHA supplement. The Once A Day Prenatals actually come with two pills… one multi vitamin with folic acid and another DHA supplement.

There is no harm in starting prenatals early! I’ve been taking them as my vitamin for a long time, since I started college, mostly because I heard they were good for nails/hair.

Post # 14
1648 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2000

@MapleCreekBride:  this particular brand doesn’t have DHA, but there are many prenatal vitamins out there that do have it.

Post # 15
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Wanted to add, when I went in for my first pregnancy appointment my OB asked which vitamins I was taking and I told her I was taking the Once A Day (or One A Day? Can’t remember) prenatals and she said those are the ones her practice recommends. Her exact words were “we love those here!” They are OTC and easy to find.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors