(Closed) $35,000 wedding budget minimum for wedding planner??

posted 8 years ago in Money
Post # 3
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Wow, do you live in New York or Manhattan?! That is crazy! They are supposed to do as much as they can with your budget. I can imagine she loses a lot of business like that. I would look into another wedding planner. I had one & she never once asked what my budget was, but I can tell you this…if I didn’t have her…I would have been LOST! So I am thankful that she helped out like she did.

Post # 5
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Yeah I would definitely go with that one, and as long as you feel comfortable with her and that you guys have a connection I’d definitely go with her. I don’t even think that my wedding planner charged me $100 to meet with her though. But good luck girl! 35K can be a lot of money for some people, so that’s crazy for her to have to have that as a minimum for your wedding budget. I think the other one is a definite!

Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

sounds like someone thinks a lot of herself! if I could afford a $35,000 wedding, I wouldn’t need a planner. Me and my MoH would have a blast planning it together!

Post # 7
371 posts
Helper bee

Wow that’s nuts! I never even looked into a wedding planner since it was going to cost more than our wedding- (I would assume). But if I could afford to have one I would lol 

Post # 8
158 posts
Blushing bee

She may just be a very experienced high-end planner.  Once you get to a certain point in the industry you can set your own prices and rules.  it’s better to go with an up and comer – someone that really wants the business and is willing to work extremely hard on your wedding.  Unfortunatley, she probably doesn’t even put that much effort into her $35,000 weddings if that is her starting point.

Post # 10
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

you should always meet with a few different planners. and they shoul dmeet with you for free for an initial consultation. my planner didn’t have a minimum. but i talked to one planner on the phone who’s minimum rate (what you pay him) was 25K! i was like, umm no thanks.

most planners should be able to work with whatever budget you give them, but some planners are probably so busy they want to use there time on higher end weddings who can pay them more and allow them to get bigger cuts from more expensive vendors.

Post # 12
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Yeah she sounds fancy fancy and must only work with high end clients. There’s a reason people with very large budgets hire planners

Ha, I wouldn’t take small budgets if I could only cater to larger ones!!! More money….business is business

Post # 14
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I didn’t mean it to be discouraging, it’s just that obviously she has enough business if she can put a minimum on her work. And I’m sure Charleston has enough big budget clients to keep her in business. She’s worked her way up the chain somehow and has a specific clientele.

It’s like photographers…some packages start at 6K. They don’t offer a budget friendly option necessarily because they probably have enough business at 6K+.

That being said, I’m sure there’s another wedding planner out there if you’re looking for one.

Post # 15
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Speaking of New York city, haha, even here, that isn’t the case…

I had a wedding in Manhattan with a very tiny budget. I had Christine Viola of Exquisite Affairs. Not only did she not discourage me, but she planned everything around my budget, making it more beautiful than I could ever do it myself. She DID some of the DYI FOR ME to save my money. She called up friends and vendors she knew. I saved more by hiring her than I ever could. And every time I said, damn, I wish I had more money. She said don’t you worry, we will make this beautiful – you will see. 

I would find a different planner who appreciates your vision on your budget. I couldn’t have done it without mine. 

The topic ‘$35,000 wedding budget minimum for wedding planner??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors