(Closed) 37 weeks and dialating/effacing already, woohoo!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
818 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Aww good for you! I was dilated around that time with my first but I was not thining at all so I am very happy for you!

Post # 4
580 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Exciting!

I am only 13w but I am hoping that things will work out for me like they did for you! My DH was SUPER late (they wouldn’t even let you go that long now, but this was over 30 years ago), and if this baby is anything like DH, I may be waiting an extra long time!

Post # 5
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

At my 35 week appointment I was 2cm dialated and 80% effaced.  Stayed that way for 6 weeks until I was induced.  At 3 p.m. they gave me the iv and 3 hours later i was only an extra 1 cm. So they broke my water at 6pm and man, talk about a heavy labor.  the doctor told me that there was no way I was going to have my baby that day and that I was going to go well into the next day.  after a little of 4 hours of labor and 13 minutes of pushing I welcomed my baby girl into the world. 

Good Luck!

Post # 6
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Good luck to you! At my 38 weeks appointment I was at 2cm and really thinned.  Here I am at 40w4d and still no baby!  The last two weeks have been really hard because the braxton hicks contractions have increased.  I’m scheduled to be induced on Tuesday.  So he has two more days to come on his own.  I was like you so excited to have already made some progress but now I’m just frustrated! 

Good luck and I hope you don’t have the same luck as me! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

One word- jealous ! I am about 38 weeks and last week I was checked & still only one cm.

Post # 9
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Nickles9911:  Hopefully you’ll go soon, b/c that’s a strange uncomfortable feeling to be so dilated for so long.  I was that way with DS; started dilating at 31weeks (earns you a one way ticket to bed rest), and was 3’ish cm by 36 weeks.  Constantly felt like the kid was trying to make his way out, and finally had him at 38wks.  Sending you labor vibes!  The mantra: **fingers crossed, cervix open**  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
1301 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Nickles9911:  sounds like he can’t wait to meet the world! Good luck! 

Post # 13
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Nickles9911:  Good news is it should translate to a quick labor!  Keep that in mind when contractions get consistent, btw.  You’ll need to get to the hospital pretty quick.  After only a couple hours of contractions, I was 5cm when I finally went to my OB the day I had my son, and they had me go straight to the hospital.  I had him three hours later (first child)!  You’re almost half-way dilated and believe me, you can go from 5-10 in no time.  I went from 6 to 10 cm in an hour.  Especially if you want an epidural, you’ll need to get there fast b/c you don’t want to go in thinking you’re going to have and then miss the window of opportunity with all the waiting that goes on in L&D (waiting to get checked in, waiting to get seen, waiting for the anesthesiologist to finally get there, etc).  

Post # 15
512 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Nickles9911:  So glad you posted this as I’m in a similar state. At my internal this past Monday, I was 1-2 cm dilated & 100% effaced. I never saw my “show” but it must be gone since I’m opened up already. I’m about 

38 weeks. Baby is also at station +1 which has to do with her lowering into position but I’m not sure exactly, I’ll google a “station diagram” later to understand it better.                  

I also had a higher than normal bp (I usually have very low bp) so I was sent for blood work to check for toxemia/pre-eclampsia but it came back “ok” so I was told to take it easy and come back for a bp check tommorrow (thursday). If still high, I may be sent for an induction then.  

Good luck to all!

The topic ‘37 weeks and dialating/effacing already, woohoo!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors