38 wks 4 days pregnant

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
219 posts
Helper bee

When I was that far along with my two previous pregnancies – I got a hobby to help pass the time.  With my first I started making him a latch-hook rug.  The second I bought a model ship that I had to put together and paint of the Titanic… never got to finish that project.

Just keep your mind busy and focus on other things – it will make the time go by much quicker 🙂

Post # 3
5460 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m 40+3, but I’m still working so that definitely helps occupy the time!  I agree that a hobby or craft project will help 🙂  Good luck!

Post # 4
8503 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

Once you get past 40 weeks (if you do) it really sucks. 🙂  Is there some other craft project you can do around the house?

Post # 5
2754 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I would relax & enjoy your free time.  Watch a tv series on Netflix & go for walks.

Post # 6
781 posts
Busy bee

7yearlovestory:  Hang in there! I went at 41+6 days. And I tried everything to try and pass time. I cleaned and did laundry and walked the mall… Looked up a lot of ways to try and induce the little bean out! But my advice? Nap. Nap as much as you can because you are in for some serious sleep deprivation (which does get better!). Watch some T.V. Make some casseroles to throw in for dinners after baby gets here. Catch up with friends, if you’re into scrapbooking, start a baby book, READ a book. Use this time for you. once the baby gets here, your “me” time gets used up pretty swiftly. Good luck! It’ll be time sooner than you think!

Post # 7
4404 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I worked up until I gave birth (at 41w 3d), which was actually awesome because I needed something to do. Since you’re already on maternity leave, I’d probably try to set a full schedule for each day–something that includes a long walk (if you can), working on some kind of hobby or project around the house, maybe going to the movies, making food and freezing it, cleaning a different part of the house each day, going to a bookstore…. I don’t know, it’s hard! But that’s what I’d try to do–just have a full plan for each day, preferably with some stuff that gets you out of the house. Hang in there!

Post # 9
2390 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I only made it to 38 weeks and 3 days before having my son. I had an emergency c-section was hoping to make it to 40 weeks it didn’t happen though. Read up on a lot of baby books.

Post # 10
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’m currently 39 + 4. I’m studying at the moment so that does pass my time other than that i’ve just been cleaning, odd jobs i don’t usually get to do like cleaning air conditioning vents, washing curtains etc. It’s not thrilling but it passes time.

Post # 11
718 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Church and University

Mani/Pedi – and go ALL OUT with a foot scrub, paraffin dip and EVERYTHING.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors