(Closed) 398 daysleft and I want to get everything out of the way NOW!!

posted 6 years ago in December 2012
  • poll: Am I wedding OCD,crazy or normal?
    Sure are crazy! : (2 votes)
    10 %
    No,it's normal:) : (18 votes)
    90 %
  • Post # 3
    649 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

It’s great to cross things off the list, but then you risk the danger of buying things and then seeing “something better”.  If you know you can stop looking for an item once you make a purchase than go for it.  Otherwise I’d window shop for a while first!

Post # 4
    2823 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

We are having a destination wedding and changed ours from September 2012 to December 2012 due to hurricane season. Luckily, we didnt book anything except our photographer who was easy to change the date with. Now that our wedding date is set in stone. We booked our ceremony, reception, we mailed out STD’s, we have our photographer, I put the deposit down on my dress and we have quite a few guests booked to come to our wedding next year. If only December 2012 were next month! =]

Post # 6
    775 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I’m just like you. I have to things ASAP. Our wedding is not until August 2012 and we already have all of the candles and candle holders packed and in a huge bin ready for the wedding! Our centerpiece (fake) flower arrangements are already done and in bags. I love planning, but I get headover heels and then REALLY stressed out. I have everything for our wedding bought, now it’s just a matter of paying the vendors and we are done. It’s relieving. I even have spanish moss measured out AND bagged in their individual bags so when the wedding comes I will not have to do it a month beforehand..it’s already done. 

Post # 7
    2362 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2017

I am the same way. I started planning my wedding the day after we got engaged. A year and a half out. I had my dress picked and ordered within two months. I had my venues booked within two months. I mean, I am 11 months out and have almost everything done. People can call me crazy all they want, but it just makes me feel better and more relaxed being able to know that I can cross things off the list.

Post # 9
    5423 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 2012

Are you me?  I am that way too!  I’ve done a bunch of stuff early.  I get slack for it but I don’t care.  I prefer to spread thr spending as much as possible.  It’s also ok to plan ahead and spend later.  Just for less stress.

The topic ‘398 daysleft and I want to get everything out of the way NOW!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors