4 1/2 Months Until I Tie The Knot.

posted 2 years ago in Money
Post # 2
1180 posts
Bumble bee

This is not my situation, but if it were, I’d try to cut back wherever I could to reduce that 4k, while trying to scale back on spending to save a bit more. If that’s not possible, maybe ask a family member to loan you the money or take out a small personal loan with a bank.

Post # 3
1891 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I am getting married in 3 months. This is why I budgeted sooo hard and insisted on having a small guest list (50 people) and did fake flowers for my bouquets (DIY) bought a dress that was only $245 including undergarments, and had a venue that provided affordable food and liquor (max of $41 per person, but many people want the cheapest meal bringing it down to $35). I also chose an affordable but awesome honeymoon (cruise) where I could make payments and avoid paying for a flight (driving to the port). 

I HATE to owe anyone. I am still pissed that I have student loan debt hanging out in the wind. I already paid off the wedding and honeymoon, except for the portion I have and owe for photography, makeup/hair stylist, videography, and the reverend. I already have this money put away to pay them the day of the wedding. I did not want to feel the panic in the last few months to pay these people. I am far from having financial wealth, but it seems like I have more than I do because of my ability to save and spend wisely. I am not perfect, but I try to splurge only when I can afford it.

Coming from this stand point, I don’t want to tell you to take out a loan or use a credit card. I would say to try and borrow from family or friends because they probably won’t make you pay any interest, or may decide to gift it to you altogether. Otherwise cut out the things you don’t TRULY need (chocolate fountain, expensive wedding cake, real flowers, etc). If you MUST use another option, take out a loan with the lowest interest rate that you can and pay it back ASAP. I really don’t like credit cards. I know a girl who paid for most of her wedding that way. She got divorced after 5 years and is still paying for it ALL herself. Her ex doesn’t pay alimony because they were not married long enough and it was hard to prove that the card was only used for the wedding. He makes a lot of money and was able to buy a new car with the swipe of a debit card at the end of the relationship… Get the loan in both of your names if you go this route, so that you BOTH will be on the hook, I am just saying. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors