4-5 inch heels that are easy to walk in/supportive – I need special advice

posted 3 years ago in Shoes
Post # 2
4441 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

S.Elizabeth.G:  You don’t even need to spend $200.  Qupid heels are normally 5.25″ with a 1.25″ platform and they are SO COMFORTABLE!  I wear them almost every day with no pain!  You can find them on urbanog.com or Ebay for usually under $30.

Post # 3
42089 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

S.Elizabeth.G: ETA: I apologize. I completely misread your post that you needed different sized shoes.

Post # 4
3014 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Lots of the shoes that Vivienne Westwood made her name designing in the 1970’s were basically replicas of shoes designed as ‘therapy shoes’ around the turn of the century for people with various medical conditions that made one leg shorter than each other. (Sorry, shoe history geek!) I don’t know how her shoes would be for comfort for you, but that’s about what I’ve got on the topic!

Post # 5
1869 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I think that I would go with a much more modest heel… why would you want to put yourself in pain and really up the potential for a fall etc with super high heels.

I am not suggesting some boring orthopedic type flats eithers (though no judgement to those who are wearing flats for any reason) but you could do like a 2- 3″ heel and still get the look of a fancy shoe but not the trouble

as for brand I really like Nina brand shoes  – they are affordable ($75 -100) and come in cute colors/styles

Post # 7
1869 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I would talk to a seamstress… how tall are you and what does your dress look like? I am only 5′ 2″ and they were able to easily hem my dress and no one could tell – generally the only dresses that have issues w hemming is a very severe mermaid style that flares out below the knee  

also I will say that especially if you don’t ususlly wear heels there is no way that any 5″ heel is going to be comfortable for you

Post # 9
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

S.Elizabeth.G:  Pretty dress!  I second what littlemisshostess suggested – talk to your seamstress to see if they can hem it without compromising the integrity of the dress.  I can understand your worry . . . but if it’s NBD, I think you’d be far more comfortable in smaller heels. I know I’m going with shorter heels just for comfort reasons (switching to flats for reception even), and I don’t want to worry about breaking an ankle. I’d much rather be good to go all night then sit and have miserable achy feet.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors