4.5 weeks with low hcg levels and some light spotting. Could this be normal?

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
1896 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

My understanding is there’s a range of HCG for each week that’s considered normal, but more importantly is that your HCG is doubling.  Sometimes people seem to be placing earlier than suspected but progress just fine.

Good luck!

Post # 3
3756 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Do you happen to know what the number was? It’s not surprising at all that they couldn’t see anything at 4.5 weeks. The nurse told me my number at 4w was low but then she said it was 452, which is NOT low at all, thankfully the doctor followed up. Cramping and light spotting are normal in pregnancy, especially early when implantation is still happening. If your hcg is doubling after your second draw that’s a good sign. Good luck!

Post # 5
2047 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

juliasoko:  well how low is low? I went in for my blood test around the same time 4w and a few days in…..and my first test was 239! The doctor basically scared me and said “this doesnt look good” but I thought maybe its because I Ov late in my cycle (5 days can mean 2 or 3 “doublings”). Anywho, he told me to wait a week and do it again and sure enough 9 days later I was over 6000. Turns out baby is only measuring 2 days behind my LMP estimated DD so the late Ov probably wasnt it…. I just happened to be low in the beginning. 🙂 Your probably totally fine!!

Post # 7
8821 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Great numbers!! FX!

Post # 8
1436 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

juliasoko:  I’m really suprised that at 279 they needed you to repeat your blood. When I was ~4 weeks (15dpo) my HCG was 22. I went on to have a beautiful little girl at the end of March.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors