4 days away!!!! 9/21/13!!!! Problems to resolve!!

posted 3 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

LOl!!  Finished my homemade favor bags last at midnight last night.  At work now, while my MOH goes and picks up gifts for the ones provideing free services.  She has been such a life saver since she came into town on Saturday.  Need to make my garter, string and bow my signs, highlight and trim my own hair, print out homemade guest book pages, I have to pack tonight to leave for FI home town tomorrow morning, and a few other things that are on a list at home.  AHHhhhh!!!  Yay!!  Good luck to us ALL!!

Post # 4
3538 posts
Sugar bee

@leahlou:  That sounds horrible! So sorry you have all that stress right now.  I’m sure everything will work out and your wedding will be great! 

Last minute things to do:

-FI is supposed to be printing the programs today

-Make toss bouquet, and add ribbon to my bouquet

-Finish music list for DJ

-Mani/Pedi on thursday

-Clean out my car

-put together box of props for photobooth

-finish bridesmaids gifts

-pack for honeymoon

-close on our new house Friday morning, have electricity turned on there

-pick up photos from Walgreens to be used for table number frames

Post # 5
165 posts
Blushing bee

@MissCountryGirl727:  You are my HERO for closing on your house this same week.  We bough a place in March and I was freaking out THEN.

@leahlou:  You are also my hero for being pregnant and dealing with all this!  Everything will be amazing!!!

I finished wrapping my BMs gifts last night, now I just need to discuss logistics with the videographer and DJ.  I think that’s pretty much it.  Today is my last day of work and I am SO BORED!!! 

My Dad and Grandma are flying in from California today and I’m having lunch with my Dad and his gf tomorrow at our house.  I’m so excited to see them, it’s been almost two years since I’ve seen either of them!  That’s one of the best parts about having a wedding, I think. Good luck, ladies! May everyone’s day be beautiful!

Post # 6
3538 posts
Sugar bee

@Ilovewine:  Yeah, I think we are borderline insane! LOL  We didn’t plan to buy a house until after the wedding, but we’ve been scoping out the market for most of the year.  We found this house and instantly fell in love and decided to go for it.  We originally weren’t supposed to close until Oct. 4th, but our lender pushed it up because he says that changing my name before we close will be another headache. We also got started with the wedding planning back in January, and pretty much had all the major things covered a few months ago, so all that’s really been left to do are small projects that I honestly don’t care at this point if they get finished or not! LOL

On the other hand, buying this house is by far the most stressful thing we have done, but now that we are scheduled to close, I’m hoping nothing else goes wrong. 

We’ve been oogling over pictures of our honeymoon villa, and that’s what has kept us moving along without going crazy! LOL

Post # 7
2042 posts
Buzzing bee

@leahlou:  Dang, I hate that your moms dont get along. 🙁

I still have to:

Put the place cards in order

finish and print programs

Print seating chart and put in frames

update my DJ on a song or two

call photographer

Find a lip color for wedding

find some clothes for honeymoon

pack

clean

getting nails done with my BMs friday morning

Find more gifts for three of the girls

Drop stuff off friday at the reception venue. 

Post # 8
165 posts
Blushing bee

@MissCountryGirl727:  I understand. When you find the perfect place and the interest rates are in a good spot, you have to jump on it!!

Post # 10
490 posts
Helper bee

Honestly…..all FI and I want right now is to finally relax. This week blows lol can’t wait to drop off all our stuff at the venue tomorrow and just take it all in!!!!

Post # 11
1367 posts
Bumble bee

Our to-dos.

Finalize speeches and practice them.

Finalize timetable and send it out.

Rehearse with officiant (our friend)

Manicure & other maintenance-y things

Practice first kiss (someone told me to rehearse this).

Make guestbook and photobooth sign, drop it off at venue.

Confirm next day picnic with caterer and get people to help out.

RELAX 🙂

Post # 12
490 posts
Helper bee

Double post, sorry!

Post # 13
375 posts
Helper bee

Today was fun. Brought up most of the decor and attire to my mom’s house near our venue. I helped her shop for spanx and we got mani/pedis : )

Anxiously awaiting my flowers. I got one bunch right on time today and the rest are supposed to come tomorow. Some from FiftyFlowers and some from Sam’s Club. So that is all I have going tomorrow. Oh and get my oil changed and pick up a bridesmaid from the airport. 

I can’t wait!!!!!

Post # 14
778 posts
Busy bee

Our venue won’t even let us set up until the morning of!! SO worried about that! 🙁

I still have to make 170 favors but I’m starting it tonight. (smores kits)

We’re picking up our keys to the venue tonight and doing a final walk through.

Other than that, everything else is pretty much done. Except I literally got the BIGGEST pimple of my life on my chin yesterday. AWESOME. So bummed because I know it’s going to be all scabby and dry and noticeable. 🙁 Thank god for photoshop I guess?

Post # 15
1367 posts
Bumble bee

Just practiced my speech. I’m mani’d, pedi’d and plucked 😉  Now time to go get a good night’s sleep 😀

Post # 16
2372 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - B&B

@MissCountryGirl727:  I keep thinking about how you’re doing! We closed on a house in mid-July and it was the most stressful thing lol. Keep your chin up though you close today! And it is honestly an awesome feeling 🙂

We have suddenly had to come up with the rain plans 🙁 We were to get married outside in the stone ruins of an old bank barn, and then the reception is under a tent in the B&B’s yard… now we might have to move the ceremony into the tent too! I’m fairly at peace with it because the tent will be set up quite beautifully, and it will be like a “wedding in the round”, because our guests will just sit at their tables and they will be comfortable, etc etc. So I am kind of at peace with that.

The two MAJOR things that would bum me out would be #1, not getting to take pics outside (although we have umbrellas and galoshes and we could probably get some of those cute pics), and also FI was SO looking forward to hanging out with his friends around the bonfire pit all night. That’s his thing. And now he probably can’t? I can tell he’s super bummed out and I just hope it doesn’t make him cranky and sour :/

LOTS to do today! Cook the rest of the food/prep it, pack everything up, set everything up, the rehearsal, etc etc etc!!!!

Good luck ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors