4 days from the wedding and I got my period!

posted 3 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
8706 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Sometimes birth control can stop it, although since your period has already started I wouldn’t count on it being able to stop it entirely before your wedding, maybe make it super duper light.<br /><br />I scheduled my birth control usage around my wedding, I would’ve skipped the placebos if I had needed to.

<br />ETA: Weird formatting. Super. Nice job on this new layout, WB. Couldn’t get any more broken if you tried.

Post # 4
422 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Once, in the early days of me and FI, I got my period a few days before he visited me (we were living 2 hrs apart at the time), I slept with a hot pad on my uterus area and it helped speed it up, or at least seemed to. It was over in like 3 days, usually I’m at 4 or 5. 

Post # 2
774 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Dalhousie Castle

I don’t think you can do anything to stop it. I had my period on my wedding day too. 🙁

I took some aspirin to head off any cramps in the morning and used tampons and panty liners to ensure I didn’t have any leaks.

I also had a huge dress and I had to take it completely off to go to the bathroom anyway. I’ve never used a Diva cup so I don’t know how it works but if it could spill on the white dress I’d switch to something else for the day. 

As for the wedding night, we did other naughty things and it was still tons of fun. 

Post # 5
560 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

All I know is try not to stress! My period always does the opposite of what I want when I freak out about it. 

Post # 7
8047 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

CarolinaCola: *** Do your own research, I am not a doctor bla bl abla*** but shephards purse stops/slows uterine bleeding, has been used for centuries, and is available in a tincture at most health food stores. I would get some and take 3 droppers a day, mixed with water in a shot glass. Ive taken it to amazing results with zero side effects.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/herbal-remedies/shepherds-purse-herbal-remedies.htm

Post # 9
1259 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

That sucks! I feel for you. I was stressed out weeks before the wedding which actually delayed my period so I thought for sure I would have it the day of. I ended up getting lucky and my period ended the day before the wedding!! I was pretty upset while I was waiting for it though. Hopefully this doesn’t ruin your day or wedding night. I wish there was something to stop periods!

Post # 8
449 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 1993

Hyperventilate:  I read online once that pineapple juice and lemon juice help reduce the bleeding. I read that in some women. It reduced their period to like 3 days. I haven’t tried it yet so I can’t tell you for sure but yeah ynever know.

Post # 11
8047 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

CarolinaCola:  I used it to combat persistant spotting (like MONTHS straight persistant) after an IUD (tmi sorry)- took it a few times a day for 2 days and it stopped completely. It might not work for you completely or at all- but if youre desperate I’d give it a go. As long as youre not chugging bottles of it/following the recommended dosage its not likely to hurt you, it just might not work!   

ETA: I use this brand http://www.swansonvitamins.com/eclectic-institute-shepherds-purse-2-fl-oz-liquid?csi=HPH063&csp=EC017

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  MrsBuesleBee.
Post # 12
5697 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I got my period like two days before the wedding so the wedding was on one of my heaviest flow days. I made the mistake of totally forgetting to change my tampon because I was so busy so while I didn’t get anything on my dress, I did destroy my pretty undies. Don’t make that mistake.

Intimacy wise, my husband didn’t mind and I didn’t really either. We were both exhausted by the end of the night so we probably wouldn’t have had sex anyway. We also knew it was coming either then or on the honeymoon, and we were both glad that it chose to come then rather than while we were on vacation.

Post # 14
5697 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

CarolinaCola:  If I had been in any other situation, and particularly was wearing white, I would have been checking CONSTANTLY. But I was so busy with everything I just completely forgot i was even on it.

Luckily dresses are pretty thick so it probably wouldn’t come all the way through if there WAS a leak. Could always wear a pad for back up (ugh, uncomfortable). Or depends 😉 LOL

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors