(Closed) 4 days late

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
3174 posts
Sugar bee

I just got mine but I was a week late. I think it was just stress and I just started a new job.

Post # 4
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Take a test immediately.  It will give you peace of mind- one way or the other.  No sense in worrying yourself like crazy.  You will want to enjoy your wedding, not be stressed thinking “Am I?”

Also- skipping 5 days and then taking a double dose for two days could severely mess up your cycle.

Post # 6
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Post # 7
607 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Yes, definitely test before you start on your next pack! Missing those pills will definitely mess with your cycle (for the record, use back up if that happens again!). So probably, it’s just that the messed up pills made your period late or not come at all, but you need a test to find out!

Post # 8
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Definitely go buy a test, but if it makes you feel better, when I was on the pill it caused me to skip my period fairly often, it’s actually pretty normal. But if you forgot to take it for five days…honestly, there is a pretty good chance something happened if you ovulated around then – which definitely could of happened since you didn’t have the hormones from the pills to tell your body not to. It’s super important to use backup protection if you miss more than one day of pills. More than two days, toss them out and start another pack. Buy a test so you know either way. And keep us updated! Then maybe go to your doctor and see about getting BC you don’t have to take every day!

Post # 10
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

@KellyLouise:  How long has it been since you missed your 5 days of pills? There’s a chance the test could have been a false negative if it was too early for a positive test.

Post # 11
18645 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Never mind saw that you aren’t pregnant.

On most pills that I have taken, if you miss more than 2 days, you need to start a new pack and use a backup form of protection for 7 days.

Post # 12
1280 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Glad to hear you are not pregnant and hopefully you didn’t crash the car enroute to the store to buy your pregnancy test….

The topic ‘4 days late’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors