7281 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Are you sure that you ovulated?

Post # 3
1164 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Do you chart? Are you sure you didn’t ovulate late or not at all? The days past ovulation are more important than the cycle days.

If you do chart and know you ovulated, some people just get really late AFs or really late BFPs.

I understand your frustration, though, because I’m 2 days late and getting BFNs!

Post # 7
7281 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

OPKs, like you said, are not reliable for telling you that ovulation actually occurred. Maybe you ovulated late this cycle? Sometimes our bodies just go a bit wonky on us for no good reason. Maybe wait another 2 or 3 (long, torturous) days before testing again, just to give yourself time and maybe avoid seeing that negative test?

Post # 8
1164 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Daisylovex3: Did you continue to use the ovulation test after you got your +? You may have had an early surge without ovulation and then actually ovulated later on in your cycle which would push back AF or a BFP. It’s also possible you had an LH surge but didn’t ovulate. Of course there’s no way to know without temping.

If you did actually ovulate after the 10 DPO test, that would put you at around 20 DPO so you should definitely be getting a BFP by now. But there are some women who have to get a blood test to confirm pregnancy because the urine tests just aren’t picking it up. Good luck!!! 🙂

Post # 11
1691 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Daisylovex3:  I’m just teasing.. But if you hang around you’ll see that this comes up over and over again. It seems our bodies like to mess with us when we’re TTC. The random late AF with a crummy BFN happens all the time. No explanation. Just because. It’s so annoying!

Post # 12
3538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Daisylovex3:  I’ve been tracking my cycles for 1.5 years off BCP and am always on a 27-29 day cycle.  Last cycle, I was 5 days late, BFN after BFN…for whatever reason your body really likes to mess with you when TTC.  One thing I’ve learned so far, is never be surprised when a new thing shows up.  For example, in the 15+ years I’ve been getting visits from AF, I’ve never had pre-AF spotting.  For the past 2 cycles, I’ve had it. 

Post # 13
1107 posts
Bumble bee

I know the frsutration you’re feeling! Our first cycle TTC, I was 5 days late – and before that, I had NEVER, EVER had a late period. It was quite a roller coaster! 🙁 AF came back with a vengeange though. Ha. :/ I hope you get a positive, though!

Post # 14
1132 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

FX that you have a BFP coming!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors