4 days to go worried about the photographer!

posted 3 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@RedPurse:  Call now and say in writting you booked them both and for the price they should be able to hire a sitter for the evening (sitters like what 10 an hour pron 6-10 hours so they lose 60-100) 

Its your wedding you got it in writting for a reason, just be incharge but not bossy about it and maybe go talk to him in person, b.c. 2 photograhers get different angels you will always have better photos when you have 2 

you paid for 2, right now you need to talk to him asap about doing what you paid or refunding the money or if only one will be there ask for a discount 

make it very clear the he can not leave early and will be expected to document the whole night evne your leaving with your hubby at the end

everyone in the world will have a child, most people work, and all have to get sitters at some point, its not wrong to expectto get what you paid for 

if they can’t give you that they need to give you your money back and you need to think of an alt plan or take a discount for half the team

Post # 4
1102 posts
Bumble bee

@RedPurse:  My mom was a single mom my dad left, when she had to work i had to be in day care or with my grandmother … when she had to go to school I had to be with someone else 

even if it’s a young baby, the grandparents will be over joyed to spend time with it or auntys or uncles … their is no reason she can’t be away form her baby for one evening 

most the time women take off time form full time work, if she does this full time every day I would have expected her to find a replacement, the fact is its them not you who are responsible

Post # 5
156 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’d be freaking my sh1T! I would definitly call him back with your concern. You hired them with the expectation that there are TWO people handling photos/videos. I personally think even just 1 is stretching it doing JUST photo. I’m not surprised his recent reviews are bad – he’s definitly half assing it.

If his wife can’t be there, he should find a suitable replacement or I would definitly demand a refund.

Post # 6
631 posts
Busy bee

@RedPurse:  It’s vital at this point that you confirm everything in writing before the wedding day. Express your expectation that there will be at least two professionals there on your wedding day and what the coverage time is. One photographer absolutely cannot provide stills and video of the day. Is this an independent business or like a big box chain?

Post # 7
631 posts
Busy bee

@Madelin:  Solo photographers have been doing their thing for as long as wedding photography has existed and skilled shooters do perfectly fine on their own. =) addvideo, no way.

Post # 8
395 posts
Helper bee

One photographer can shoot the heck out of a wedding. I do it every weekend. They can’t do still and video at the same time. Those are two entirely different things. They have to monitor audio etc. I’d hop on that ASAP

Post # 10
631 posts
Busy bee

@RedPurse:  I’m confused. Your friend is going to be his second shooter? Or is he just going to do video? This sounds like a nightmare if they are both going to be shooting and battling for angles and shots. 

Post # 11
395 posts
Helper bee

I don’t understand why his wife can’t shoot? People go to work everyday. Pump, babysitter… That’s the reality of the commitment they made to couples when they signed them up! 

Post # 12
995 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Jbbee +1. I had a baby last year and had to go back to shooting weddings less than two weeks after she was born. It was rough and I was still recovering but that’s the commitment I made. My husband also shoots with me and he attended those weddings as well, so we had a relative watch the baby. Recently we had to fire our sitter who could no longer be trusted and weren’t able to find a replacement sitter last minute. However, I paid to fly my best, most talented and trustworthy photographer friend in from out of state to second shoot with me in his stead. Some Of the couples favorite images were ones he took and everything worked out fine. Thats simply the commitment I made. It sounds like the photographer you hired is really unprofessional and i i agree with Mariematts concerns about the arrangement he offered as an alternative. No professional would suggest that. I really hope you didn’t pay a premium for these people!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors