(Closed) 4" heels, yikes (pic)

posted 5 years ago in Shoes
Post # 3
2872 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’d wear them around the house and see how walking goes.

Post # 4
2216 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@mspartridge:  Does your dress need altering?  If you can stand in your shoes for an entire dress fitting appointment, I think you’ll be ok. 

That, and wear them around the house like @loving_life  mentioned.

Post # 5
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Get a pack of the clear bra straps, take one and sew it into the heel of the shoe, or use a pretty matching ribbon if you a really nervous.  That will ensure they stay where they need to.

Post # 6
1572 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

im use to this height/style. Walking wise if ther are your size, you will be fine. Pain? Ahhh….I honestly have not worn heels and not had my feet hurt. My wedding shoes are designer and I am pretty sure they will hurt like hell as well. (So those that say designer shoes are better…what designer???)

Post # 7
356 posts
Helper bee

Practice is key! Once you get see t them you should be okay. Beautiful choice!

Post # 8
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Lol I had the same problem on my post! 😉 mine are 3″-3.5″ and a similar style to yours, and I love them so much so I think I’m going to go for it! The leather will probably give a little so they will fit.

The advice I got from the shop is to get them a 1/2 size smaller, as they will stretch and these sorts of shoes with a free heel at the back have a habit of the heel slipping off. However, it looks like your shoes (and mine too) have this little piece of elastic in the heel, which makes them more comfortable and minimizes the risk of them slipping from the back of your ankle.

Love your shoes though – they’re gorgeous!

Post # 9
2084 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1993

Do you have Party Feet over there? They are small gel insoles that protect the balls of your feet. Lifesavers.

Post # 10
351 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

If you have a hot glue gun, you could just put little dots on the inside. They will stick to you like a charm!

Post # 11
1096 posts
Bumble bee

My wedding shoes are that style, but 3 1/2 inches and I don’t forsee a problem at all! In fact, if I weren’t taller than my FI, I would have worm higher heals! Like PPs said, break them in arround the house and bring a pair of flats to change into later.

Post # 12
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Party feet are a god send! They will save your feet! 

I agree with the clear bra straps though.

My heels are 4.75″ but i have straps to keep them on. 

The topic ‘4" heels, yikes (pic)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors