(Closed) 4 Hr Wedding – How to Let Guest Know??

posted 7 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
14498 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think that sound perfect.

Post # 4
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012 - Adrianna Hill Grand Ballroom

I think it’s fine to state the start and end times on the invitation! As a guest, i think I would appreciate it and I would never want to overstay my welcome!

One little suggestion: if you are going for a more formal feeling, I would spell out the word “until” instead of shortening it to ’till’. Either way is up to you!

Post # 6
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

I think its great, but I also agree that “until” should be used

Post # 7
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Are people in your family prone to showing up late or halfway through the celebration?  I don’t see the need to put an ending time on the invitation.  Your DJ will let people know when it’s the last few dance songs and when it’s time to leave.

If you are paranoid people will arrive late maybe you can have the invitation time be earlier than the actual start time?

Post # 8
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m curious why you need to tell people the end time of the wedding. Like Jojo said, the DJ will inform the guests with announcements throughout the reception. Another option, if you’re worried about late guests could be “ceremony will start exactly at 5pm”. I know there is a fancier way to say that I just can’t think of it right now.

Post # 9
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We had a similar timeline but didn’t mention it on the invite (though the way you have it worded sounds fine) we just had it on the website.

Post # 10
46240 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I don’t think many people will expect a late evening on a Sunday.

Post # 11
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@Knubbsy-Wubbsy: good idea about the website!

Cupcakemeg: You can also just do word of mouth about the length of the wedding

Post # 13
584 posts
Busy bee

Side note: I think that whether the message gets out beforehand or not (by web site/invite/word of mouth), people will leave once the bride and groom make their exit. I don’t think you need to announce an end time, but I vote for web site if you do!

Post # 14
5891 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

@julies1949: i’ve actually been to sunday night weddings that go until midnight.  unless otherwise informed, i would assume wedding would be at least 5-6 hours

The topic ‘4 Hr Wedding – How to Let Guest Know??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors