4 minutes too long for bride’s entrance song?

posted 8 years ago in Music
Post # 3
1465 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

It’s a beautiful song but it may be too long. You’ll find out at the rehearsal how long it actually takes to walk down the aisle, depending on the length of the aisle itself. Keep in mind that while it may take 30 seconds to walk normally, you will be walking slower on the day of. If the song is still playing then it may be awkward since you’re standing there waiting for it to end so the ceremony can begin.

Post # 4
2250 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

maybe you could share the song with your flower girl?

Post # 6
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I think you should try to find an “abridged” version — if the song is meaningful to you, and I can see how it would be because it is a great song, it’s worth learning how to edit or searching high and low for shorter versions.

Post # 7
605 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay

4 minutes is a bit long, but i’d take zippy’s suggestion and try editing out parts that you don’t need–people do it all the time and it should work great! and i think that’s really sweet that you want to walk down to that song.

Post # 8
2271 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I marched to Nothing Else Matters as performed by Apocalyptica. About 3 and 1/2 minutes long. Worked out perfect for us but the song was used for both the bride and groom party but there was a powerful finish as I approached with a lovely delicate fade out…

Post # 9
1566 posts
Bumble bee

I love Phantom of the Opera! It does sound a bit long though. I’m sure you can find a shorter version online. Or you can have everyone walk to that song – it should be enough time for all the girls. 

Post # 10
374 posts
Helper bee

You will feel really awkward up there waiting for the song to finish.  You don’t want to have “I wish I hadn’t moment.”

Work on finding a shorter version from the suggestions on this post, sharing it with a flower girl or the bridal party.  These are all wonderful suggestions.  But, for your entrance, I’m afraid I do agree.  It’s too long.

Post # 11
3285 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

it really also depends on how long your aisle is! 

Post # 12
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

I promise you, Momma is right.  You will feel weird standing up there waiting for the song to finish, I’ve been there (as a bridesmaid).  If you can’t find a shorter version, just have the song fade out and you’ll be good:)

Post # 13
136 posts
Blushing bee

Soon2BeMrsC:  Soon2BeMrsC, did you ever find a short version of Phantom to walk down the aisle to? cuz that’s on my list as well. How did it go???

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors