4 Months Out! Where is everyone in the process?

posted 2 years ago in January 2015
Post # 2
156 posts
Blushing bee

Yipppeeee I am so excited…. I just posted my invites… Getting married 10th Jan.  I am working on finalizing the menu with caterer so I can get this printed… Just booked in my hair and make up trials…. And booked in for a month to go for fitting in my dress… Time is going sooo fast it is scary… But exciting… What about you other Jan brides how are you holding up x. Most things are sorted I am crazy organized 

Post # 3
308 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Lucky you!! I am 8 months out and wish it would already be here!!! Have you picked out your cake? Made seating arrangements? That is the perfect time to get all those last little details done so you aren’t rushing to do it a month before. Any suggestions for me?? Congrats!!!

Post # 5
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

MrsTywinLannister:  I’d say we’re on top of things, sorted venue, photographer, cake, menu, flowers, dress, BM dresses, suits, rings, band, all music, centerpieces, most decor is DIY ‘d, invites are ready to be addressed. The next project for us is ceremony stuff ; wording, if we want readings etc

Post # 6
2704 posts
Sugar bee

MrsTywinLannister: January 31 here! I feel like I have enough time, but not enough time. I’m becoming lazy and not wanting to deal with planning anymore… I’ll have to get back into it.

We have the photographer booked, cake, flowers, DJ, no caterer! lol… our original caterer flaked out on us (ignored emails and calls) so it’s between two right now, so that’ll be hopefully done soon.

I got my dress cleaned (wearing my moms dress) and dropped it off at the seamstress yesterday, BM dresses are ordered just need to hand in final measurements and colour choice. I have all of my invites, they’re addressed and some have gone out (we’re hand delivering most of them).

I have a bunch of random decor I’ve been buying on sale/making over the summer. It seems lke things are coming together and I’m getting closer to detail items (programs?! thank you cards for the favors, pictures to have around, gifts for people helping, timeline; ugh!).

Post # 7
32 posts
Newbee

Well, Ive been engaged for almost a year but just now started wedding planning. I just booked a venue last week so I am officially a January  10, 2015 bride. Ahh!

I bought my dress online and just met with someone for alterations. Bought votives candles. Ordering invitations from vistaprint. Wedding bands, thank you cards and guestbook from amazon. Working on DIY paper stuff for the reception. Have a bunch of stuff bookmarked for doing DIY flowers- Im thinking Costco or Sam’s. Have our officiant, just going through different readings. For cake- since we’re not doing an elaborate tiered wedding cake, they do not need too much notice.

What date is everyone putting for their RSVP by date? 3 weeks before the wedding? Or does it depend on your caterer?

Post # 9
214 posts
Helper bee

Missjan2015:  Manda56:  Yay! Date triplets!! I’m a January 10 bride as well! I have Photogrophery, venue, florist, caterer, hair/MUA, All booked.  I have yet to figure out my invitations, timeline or finalize decor.  I’m slacking!!  When Are you sending invites and RSVP date?  I was thinking of sending mine out Nov 10 and RSVP by December 12 does that sound right?

Post # 10
32 posts
Newbee

babykoala:  Aw how exciting! I wanted to do jan 9 for our 8 year anniversary but after going through logistics I realized I didnt care as much as I thought. What made you choose Jan 10?

I was going to send around Nov 10 as well but was thinking Dec 20 for the RSVP date- only because Im inviting about 50 and don’t anticipate too much of an issue with RSVPs. Famous last words, right? I tried looking up and saw about 4 weeks pop up a lot so Dec 12 seems right on target

Post # 11
214 posts
Helper bee

Manda56:  I’m in a similar situation as you! Anniversary date is the 12th so we decided to go with the closest available date to it. 

I’m inviting about 65 people I’m doing online RSVP so I think I might need the extra time to contact the non-tech savvy guests. Dec 20 sounds like a good date!  I think it will be easy for people to remember.

Are you concerned about weather at all?  My wedding will be in Southern California so I’m hoping for good weather.  

Post # 12
32 posts
Newbee

babykoala:   I think online RSVPs are great. I think regardless of the mode of RSVPs there is always going to be guests who need “help”

As far as weather.. I’m not super concerned right now. I’m sure I’ll be a little antsy when winter rolls around being that Im in Pennsylvania. We’ll see. How cold does it get in Jan in southern california?

Post # 13
156 posts
Blushing bee

Manda56:  hi yay we are wedding date twins ! I put RSVP by 1st December just to give me enough time to. Do seating chart confirm numbers with caterers and chase up the stragglers that don’t bother to RSVP on time or at all. Only a little over three months now

Post # 14
12 posts
Newbee

Hey! I’m finally 3 months and 30days out! Yay!! I am also getting married near my anniversay date. We will have been together 5 years on January 30th 🙂

I’m hoping I didnt make too big of a mistake, I put my RSVP date for January 9th and my wedding is the 31st. I’m a little stressed that it doesnt give me alot of time to deal with the stragglers. But the alternative was asking for an RSVP during the holidays and I didnt think that was going to happen either.

So anyways I’m just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors