(Closed) 4 months to go and I hate my venue now :(

posted 5 years ago in November 2012
Post # 3
8889 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I would stick with your venue. Honestly, on your big day you will be so happy to be married and enjoy spending the time with family and friends. It will all work out 🙂

Post # 4
3569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Well depending where you live November may be too cool for an outdoor wedding.

However I think the best thing to do before speaking to your venue, is one figure out if you afford to lose the money you put down, two if you find another venue ask them if they be willing to give it back if they booked another wedding.

November isn’t as popular for fall weddings like sept and oct so it might be easy to find anther venue. Make calls and ask if the dates are available go seem them in person.

If you can afford it, and find a better venue go for it!  If not perhaps working with your venue to see how you can work with the space better. Good luck!

Post # 5
2694 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Talk to your venue first… if they agree to rfund your money if they can find someone else to book your date, then your free to look for a different venue.  Also, just because save the dates went out doen’t mean you can’t change the venue (you still have to send invitations which will have the new venu information).  

Anyway, I think if you really hate it that much, you should act now.  Otherwise maybe take anothe rlook at your venue and envision how you’d like for it to look with the decor and ambiance.  By the time of your wedding, people will be having so much fun it won’t matter that the rooms are broken up.

Also, I saw a wedding on whose wedding is it anyway where the ceremony/dancing and recpetion were broken up in different sections of the venue.  Ceremony was in the ‘chapel’ and they did a turn to make it the dance floor and for cake cutting.  Reception was outside.  It’ll be fine, I am sure. 

The topic ‘4 months to go and I hate my venue now :(’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors