4 months to go! What's on your To-Do list?

posted 3 years ago in January 2014
Post # 3
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I’m getting alot done but still feel behind.  

Done – booked venue, dress and headpiece, DJ, cake, officiant, ordered invitations, hotel blocks, day-of-timeline partially done, booked hairstylist, decided on food, drinks, picked bm dresses (they are ordering next week), FI is getting fitted for his tux on Sunday

Currently working on – finishing day-of-timeline, book wedding night hotel, photographer, figure out flowers/decor, plan ceremony, choose music

We’re doing a lot ourselves (food, flowers mainly) so we don’t have as many vendors to book,  just need to figure out what we want and plan time to get it all done.  

Post # 5
789 posts
Busy bee

@sparklerunner:  It can definitely feel SO overwhelming at times.  I’m planning my wedding from out of state, too…that was a mistake.  I have so many things going on in the upcoming months, so I’m trying to stay on top of things.  My plan is to address my invites over the next few weekends and get them out on October 18th.  

Still need to do: address and send out invites, chat with our officiant about the ceremony, ask people to do the readings we want in the ceremony, purchase wedding bands, book wedding day transportation, create a must play/don’t play playlist for the ceremony and reception, have my hair trial (scheduled!), dress fittings (3 sheduled!), have the groomsmen get fitted, and plan the day of timeline.  I also need to put all my bridesmaids’ gifts into gift bags and write a nice note, and figure out gifts for the parents and future in-laws. 

FI is in charge of honeymoon stuff because his schedule is so crazy, and I don’t even think we will take one right away.  I’m trying not to get my hopes up or worry about that, but I’m a total type A freak and I have a hard time giving up control!

Post # 6
32 posts
Newbee

I’m glad I found this thread as I wondered how others were doing. 

Sorted: venue, centrepieces, flowers, readers, hens night, photography locations (permission required at one place), emcee, photographer booked, gift registry, wedding party, wedding night hotel booked, makeup and hair appointments booked, cake

Sorting out: dress, suits for the guys, times lines, music

invites being sent this week. Dress maker is back from Europe this week so we will get a wriggle on. 

honeymoon isn’t till june next year so we have breathing space there.

My dad is in charge of the cars. I have a bit to do and I need to study in the evenings dammit!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors