(Closed) 4 months….no wedding photos!

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
394 posts
Helper bee

True Professional photographers usually will have the turn around times in their contract. With a pro you are not only paying for their skill but for their professionalism as well.

I am sorry this happened to you and I hope you get your pictures very soon. Four months is a bit on the long side for a low budget photographer, or any photographer for that matter.

Post # 4
1000 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I agree that four months is overkill. However, you said you really thought the photos were beautiful, which is awesome! Many people who have gone the super-bduget route cannot say the same, so I would be very very happy you at least picked a good one and hopefully the pics are on the way!

Post # 5
2820 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I get that it’s frustrating that they’re taking a long time…but it was so inexpensive, AND you say the photos are beautiful, so I’d say count your blessings!

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee

So sorry to hear that you have had this trouble with the photographer! I have talked to a number of other photographers, and I believe that most agree that a 2 month turn around is reasonable. I, however, being a young woman who would want her photographs back nearly instantaneously offer my clients online edited images (the full gallery) within 1 week and disks sent out within 2 weeks or a few days after if I finish editing on a Sunday. You do have to keep in mind that editing hundreds of photographs can be a very, very tedious job so it can take some time. To be a professional, you should also be able to handle that tedious nature and get items back to your clients quickly. Having the photographs for 4 months means that he probably has about 20 weddings also piled up. Eek!

Post # 7
1056 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

that’s always my motto.. “You get what you pay for” Hince why my photographer isn’t cheap!  But my fiance and I wouldn’t have it any other way.  However, they aren’t more than $5K either…that I think is just too much.  I can’t wait to take engagement pictures with our photographer next month!

Sorry you had a bad experience.  You should definitly see why it’s taking so long, could have been he had a busy season all of a sudden or he was sick or whatever, but he does need to get them over to you ASAP.  That’s just too long!

Post # 8
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Boo! Well, I guess you can remind your friends to include a specific turnaround time in their contracts. (And possibly stipulate a penalty for not doing so.)

I hope you get them soon!

Post # 9
3049 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

Wow, that sucks! That’s too long, I would be so sad! My photographer contracts to take no more than 3 months. She says it normally doesn’t take that long (which I know/believe because she’s an acquaintance of mine and many friends have used her). But she has to say that to cover her butt in case something happens. 4 months seems pretty long. Hang in there! They’re coming 🙂

The topic ‘4 months….no wedding photos!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors