(Closed) 4 O'clock Ceremony?

posted 5 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Why is this  a problem? I just had a 4 o’clock ceremony. It was great!

Post # 4
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

No worries!  I went to a 4 pm ceremony this weekend.  It was great!

Post # 5
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

@peachbaby4008:  Okay? Is this a problem? Our ceremony is at 4, reception starts at 5.

Post # 6
244 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

We had ours at sunset at 4:30 and it was great!

Post # 7
7653 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

Our ceremony was at 4 and reception at 6. Worked perfect! We could have even done 3 had I known we would be tuckered out for pictures. Our groomsmen sat and played card games before the wedding, lol.

Post # 8
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Nothing wrong with this.  My ceremony began at 4 pm as well.  It turned out great. 

Post # 9
1416 posts
Bumble bee

…we’re having ours at 4 on purpose, lol. Reception 5-9. Then after party at a nearby bar for all the under 30s who want to keep going, but the older folk can then go to bed, and people not staying at the hotel can go home if they want.

Post # 10
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

What time do “normal” people have weddings?

My ceremony is at 5:30, dinner at 6:30.  Were doing photos before the ceremony

Post # 12
9396 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I think that is ok if the venue allows it to be at 4 pm.  Mine will be at 5:30, so not far off.  What were you wanting?

ETA: You could do a cocktail hour at 5 and then start the reception at 6?

Post # 13
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Ours will be at 4PM too! I wanted it to still be light outside. I’ll be taking pictures will all of my family BEFORE the ceremony since that seems to take up quite a bit of time. It will probably be around 430PM when the ceremony ends, so it should still be light outside when my FI and I will be taking pictures.

I know couples who have chosen to take all their pictures before the ceremony as well to make things more time efficent.

Good luck to you!

Post # 14
1416 posts
Bumble bee

Depends how long your ceremony is. Ours is only going to be about 20 minutes, so we plan on taking a few pictures outside as the sun sets right after before going back in to join the cocktail party. We also have photo locations planned inside if it gets too dark/cold for formals outside. If your photographer is good, they should be able to get some romanticly lit photos outside no matter what time of day, but I agree you don’t want all your formals w/ family done outside in the dark probably.

Post # 15
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Our ceremony is starting at 4:30, and we are planning on doing photos before the ceremony with our bridal party and parents, and then just quick photos at the venue between the ceremony and reception.  Are you having your ceremony and reception at the same place? 

Post # 16
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Atrium at the Curtis Center

@peachbaby4008:  My brother got married the same weekend as you, this year, and their ceremony didn’t start til 4:45, there was plenty of light outside to take pictures (the picture of me and my FI on the blog post I did about it is from after the ceremony if you’re interested, it was probably about 5:30 by that time.) 

The topic ‘4 O'clock Ceremony?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors