(Closed) 4 weeks from wedding. Bridesmaid Trouble. NEED HELP ASAP!!

posted 5 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
8360 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Ok I am sorry that your BM’s are not living up to your expectations. That can be difficult to experience. But have you considered what she said to you? That you haven’t been asking about anythng but your wedding/hens night?

You even say  “Even going off the topic of my hens night to complete random stuff. My other maid just stands and says nothing what so ever but is blaming me as well.” I don’t want to be mean but when I read that the first thing I thought was that maybe you had been a little wedding obsessed. Sometimes brides do not even notice how much they talk about their own weddings.

You can ask a Bridesmaid or Best Man to join you for all those things you mentioned but they do not have to attend any. It is up tot hem how involved they want to be.

Your friends have basically told you what the problem is and whilst it wasn’t in the nicest way maybe you need to consider what they have said and reflect and contact them to talk.

But be aware that if you decide to replace them you will probably look bad to shared acquaintances/friends and that it will most probably be a friendship ending move.

Post # 5
5428 posts
Bee Keeper

It’s up to you, but as far as I can see it, I am wondering why she agreed to be in the wedding party? She gets annoyed of the little things you ask of her. The bridal shop scene for example, I wonder if she really cares about your wedding at all. Looks like she has more important things to do.

OR she has problems she can’t discuss with anyone and she is taking it out on whoever. I would talk with her ALONE (go for coffee at her place so she doesn’t have to travel to see you) and discuss HER life right now, not your wedding. Then you’ll know what’s going on.

Post # 6
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

it’s fine if you want to change anyone in the bridal party but just be sure you’re okay with the consequences. in this case your Maid/Matron of Honor and bridesmaid may not attend the wedding or even be your friend anymore. i know you feel they aren’t being supportive and just seem to be rude. so i say, if you don’t want them in your bridal party anymore then it is fine. just be sure you’re okay with possibly losing friends too. you just can’t control how they may react to the news no matter how nicely your put it or how logical your reasoning is. 

Post # 7
2778 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@happyface:  I agree with this.

Try to figure out what is up with her and smooth it out wether or not you decide to keep her in the party.

The topic ‘4 weeks from wedding. Bridesmaid Trouble. NEED HELP ASAP!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors