4 weeks out, still no menu…need suggestions!

posted 3 years ago in Food
Post # 2
2684 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 1996

CyberCyndee99:  Green salad? Something potatoes? Green beans with almonds? Mac and cheese? Some kind of grilled vegetable medley?

Post # 3
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

CyberCyndee99:  I’d start with the general categories and then narrow down within those what you like.   You’ve got your meat covered with the entrees so for the sides that really leaves carbs and veg/salad.  Potatoes are cheap and delicious as a side.  For Veg you could do something hot like green beans or cold like a green salad.  For your third think of something make ahead that reflects your tastes.  Something like baked beans, pasta salad or potato salad (if you aren’t having it as a side). 

Cake is the traditional wedding dessert so you could make sheetcakes but I’ve also been served and really enjoyed brownies.  

Post # 4
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Sides for pulled pork

Baked Beans

Corn on the cob

potato salad

Sides for chicken

Mac n cheese

mashed potato

Post # 5
1333 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Pulled Pork

Grilled chicken

Mac & Cheese (or potato salad if u have ppl who can’t do gluten)

Collard Greens

Corn bread

You could make: potato salad, beans, green salad, cole slaw, green beans. I liked pp’s idea of corn but I’m afraid it’s too out of season to taste good.

various pies for dessert

if you need more ideas, you could look at the sides on offer at a BBQ place

i would LOVE this type of menu!

Post # 6
2214 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

mac n cheese, baked beans, corn fritters, mashed potatoes, green beans, tossed salad, fruit salad, grilled veggies (squash/zuchinni), corn bread, cole slaw

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors