(Closed) 4 year anniversary….still waiting

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
6248 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

My friends used to say things like that after 4-5 years.  Fiance didn’t propose until our 7-year anniversary though!  Hang in there, it’s going to be so worth the wait.  =)

Post # 4
580 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Yep. Lots of pressure. From very random people sometimes! And you’re stronger than me, I’d be in bits by now!

Post # 5
823 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

That definitely sounds like an awkward evening — and what a way to ruin your anniversary. I really don’t understand why people think it’s okay to ask questions like that. I guess they think it’s cute, but I don’t think they realize how mush strain it can put on people, especially women who are already stressed about waiting and men who are feeling pressure from their girlfriends. And yes, it always seems to be from people who are already married. 

Post # 6
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

What was his response when they asked where the ring was?  Maybe dinner will have a surprise for dessert 😉

Post # 7
143 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

That’s so awkward! My SO and I have been together for almost 5 years, I have been ready to get married for the last 2 or so, and his family has been ready for us to make it official for about as long! I try to be really good about not making comments in their presence, because they will rag on him and that is just not fair. I go back and forth between how frustrated I feel with waiting but in the end it has to happen on his timeline and work for us financially – so as much as I want to vent my frustration, I wind up reminding myself that I need support him emotionally when that kind of awkward stuff happens! I get that people are curious, but if you’re like us people need to realize that after a couple years of asking, it’s obviously a private matter between the couple. /End rant, sorry!

Post # 8
1278 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Awkward! Yeah we get asked ALL the time!! You just have to let it roll off your back or it will drive you crazy.

The topic ‘4 year anniversary….still waiting’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors