(Closed) 4 Years, 11 months and 324 days but who is counting.

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 4
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’ve lived with my SO for over a year now and we’ve been together (with 1 year apart in the middle) for over 7 years. I do my best to keep my mind off of going crazy that he hasn’t proposed (despite talks about buying a home, having kids, what our wedding will be like, etc) by staying busy.  I take time to go to the gym and spend time with my family.

Post # 5
3587 posts
Sugar bee

Well…..we’ve only been together for 1yr and 6months. LOL I stay sane by concentrating on myself and doing things I like. Today I’m going to the day spa. I also scrapbook.

Post # 6
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We have been together for 5 years, lived together for 3, talked about getting married for 1.5 years and I am not sane… That wasn’t very good advice. But welcome to the bee! 🙂

Post # 7
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

What are you waiting for? Why not do the very unconventional thing and ask him? Ok maybe that is too unconventional for most people…including myself.

Post # 8
938 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Do you have any idea why he’s waiting?  Does he know what your timeframe is?

Welcome 🙂

Post # 9
1893 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

5 years is an awful long time to be together without having some sort of time frame set.  How old are the two of you?  I’d strongly urge you to have a conversation with him about it.

Post # 10
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2011

it will happen when the time is right, trust me, i have been with my fiance for 5 years and we will be engaged for 2 years right before our wedding. its good to be with each other for a while and see how it is living together and all that, i highly recommend a long engagement too unless family is willing to help pay

The topic ‘4 Years, 11 months and 324 days but who is counting.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors