4 years…really 10 years of waiting

posted 2 years ago in Waiting
Post # 2
1877 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I don’t understand how you take the fact that he hasn’t proposed yet to mean that he doesn’t love you as much as you love him. Seems a bit extreme. It sounds like you’re both young, and even though you’ve dated for a while you said yourself you guys haven’t “built your lives” yet. Have you actually asked him when he could realistically see the two of you getting married? Its not unreasonable to want to wait until both of you are finished with school. 

Post # 3
1072 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

You need to talk to him about how you are feeling. And you definitely need to find out where you stand with him before moving across the country to be with him. Get a timeline from him and see if and when he sees marriage, kids, etc. in your future. This is an important part of transitioning to a better and more mature relationship (or moving on, if you both want completely different things out of life).

Post # 4
6744 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

Well you couldn’t have gotten married as a minor- so let’s just stop even counting those years. Finishing school is a big deal- and you are right- you should build your lives a little. if you guys are discussing marriage and family – at least you are on the right path.

Post # 5
195 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

JaneAusten:  All I can say is I sympathize with you. I don’t think you’re being bratty at all. I wish he vould read this post so he could better understand where you’re coming from.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Susana888.
Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors