(Closed) 40 and up

posted 6 years ago in 40 Something
Post # 3
14498 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Welcome to the Hive!  I am also a 40something.  The great thing about getting married today is that all the old wedding rules are out the window, you can have any wedding that you want.  If you want the big formal wedding with the bells whistles and ring bearer, then you can.  If you want something intimate and unconventional, then do that.  What do you see your wedding being when you close your eyes and dream, that is the real question.

Post # 4
2442 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

You don’t have to have anything.  Have what you want.  Don’t have what you don’t want.

I remarried last year.  Just Darling Husband and I stood up there.  No attendants, not even a bouquet!  We did have a card box and wedding broom.  That was all the bridal stuff I felt I needed.

ETA:  DH hooked his laptop up to the stereo and the music came from there! 

Post # 5
1290 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am 45 Fiance is 48 and we aren’t having a ring bearer because we don’t really know anyone with a small boy but we are having the whole 9 yards…including a 12 person bridal party, I am wearing a rather puffy ballgown-type dress. The guys are wearing long khaki shorts and cream linen shirts (it’s on the beach) and flip flops. My girls are wearing short dresses and flip flops. It’s your wedding, there is no “have to” only what makes the two of you happy! I am having so much fun planning!

Enjoy your planning too and those months will pass and it will be time before you know it. Smile

Post # 6
11343 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@Oh Ya:  I am in your age group, and I chose to have a very formal, traditional wedding with bridesmaids, junior bridesmaids, groomsmen, a junior groomsman, a flower girl and a ring bearer. However, it was my first wedding (DH’s second.)  I also have a good friend the same age who had the same type of wedding (also a first marriage for her and a second for her Darling Husband.) 

However, as pps noted, if you would rather dispense with many of those more traditional trimmings, you definitely do not need to have them.

The topic ‘40 and up’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors