• Wedding: January 2013

Post # 5
1096 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Post # 6
1154 posts
Bumble bee

@blushbridetobe:  Um, I do NOT believe that you are 40 or older. Liarliarpantsonfire.

Post # 8
3244 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I was 40 on our wedding day.

Post # 10
11228 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@blushbridetobe:  I LOVE your dress!! It’s stunning! I wish I had seen something like this before I chose my dress, but it wasn’t until a couple of years later — on WB and shows like SYTTD — that I saw something like what you’ve chosen.  It’s absolutely gorgeous on you!!

Here is my dress. (I am plus sized, and really wasn’t able to fit into the sample dresses properly, so I felt as if my options were very limited.) In hindsight, and after seeing so many really beautiful gowns on this site and on various wedding shows, I have often struggled with some dress regret.  However, I do love many things about my gown — especially that it is 100-percent silk and has Swarovski crystals on the bodice and back of the dress as well as the fact that it has clear buttons going down the back of the skirt.

Post # 12
11228 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@blushbridetobe:  Aww! Thank you so much for your kind words! 🙂

Post # 13
943 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

non pro, and some screen caps of the pro pics, I don’t have them back yet.

a closeup with my MOH, my high school BFF 🙂 and also getting dressed so you can see the detail better in the bodice.

and this one just because I love it, with my lovely 24 year old daughter.  I’m 44 by the way.

Post # 14
944 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Finally got some better pictures of myself, I’ll be 54 on my wedding day:

Post # 16
944 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

@blushbridetobe:  Thank you! Your dress is SICK (and I mean that with the highest compliment)!

The topic ‘40 Brides and older show me your dress’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors