(Closed) 4.0 earthquake here this morning!

posted 8 years ago in Oklahoma
Post # 3
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

oh my god! That is crazy.

Post # 4
511 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

So crazy! I hope everyone is ok!

Post # 5
605 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay

whoa! i remember feeling very small earthquakes when i was living in CA, and yeah, i share your sentiment–i don’t want to experience that again.

Post # 6
1455 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I just heard from my bestie (she lives in OK City)! Crazy!

We had a tiny one in IN during the night once, our windows rattled, that was it!

Post # 7
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

We had one here in StL a couple years ago. It woke me up in the middle of the night. It was weird! I’d never felt one before.

Post # 8
2196 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

oh man! all these earthquakes recently are scary 🙁 i hope this isn’t a sign that a gigantic one is coming soon!! glad to hear you’re okay.

Post # 10
639 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

its probably just minor shifting due to the large shift that just happened down in Haiti.  The plates work on sort of a ripple effect.  The large slip there (which continues to have aftershocks) is causing slight pressure changes in other plates nearby.  I’m not an earthquake expert by any means, but i am a geologist and work with Earthquake guys at the USGS.  Just my two cents

Post # 11
3252 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’m sure earthquakes are scary on any scale. I’m glad you’re ok.

Post # 12
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I agree with Denver. The Earth is probably still settling down from the huge one in Haiti.

Post # 13
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Y’all are in my prayers.

Post # 15
687 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

any earthquake is scary! glad no one was hurt over there!  my dh and mom are still scared to death of earthquakes, and they both lived here for many years! anytime theres an earthquake their both out of the house into the street!

The topic ‘4.0 earthquake here this morning!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors