(Closed) 40 guests- do officiant and groom need mics?

posted 4 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
1134 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I would say if theres going to be constant background noise- like water- to get a mic. one mic should be ok i would think. But in theory your really only going to have like 4 rows of 10 or 5 rows of 8, so it wouldnt have to be very loud. You could go with some friends to the site and test it. Have someone stand at the “alter” and someone at the back of the seating area and see if they can hear you ok.

Post # 4
1755 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

It depends on your venue.  We’re having roughly 24 people and planning to have a microphone because the ceremony is near a fountain and there occasionally is the sound of a car driving down a nearby road.  I’d listen to how much ambient noise there is and decide from there.

Post # 5
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I am hearing impaired, and always really appreciate when people use microphones. Even in a small space, background noise can really make it difficult to understand what people are saying. Having a microphone can really help your guests tell what is being said in the ceremony you’ve worked really hard on!

The topic ‘40 guests- do officiant and groom need mics?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors