(Closed) 40 min. drive to far?

posted 8 years ago in Reception
  • poll: 40 min. easy/relaxing drive too far? early reception.
    yes : (11 votes)
    61 %
    no : (7 votes)
    39 %
  • Post # 3
    1813 posts
    Buzzing bee

Are you getting a hotel block?  Where is it?  My reception was 20 or so minutes away from the church, but we got the hotel block by the reception.

Post # 4
    4567 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I’ve been having the same problem… we have so many amazing venues, but they’re all at least 15 miles out from the church. Huge bummer, and I’m still not sure I’m willing to compromise it.

Post # 7
    19 posts
    Newbee

Are you going to serve alcohol at your reception? Unless you are arranging transportation for everyone (like a bus or something) then it might be irresponsible to have it that far and serve alcohol – I know I would be frusterated to have wine served to me but know that I needed to drive home 40 miles later! 

Post # 8
    1757 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

Where is the ceremony taking place, relative to the reception and hotel? I’m leaning toward 40 minutes being a bit too much of a drive, but it’s even worse if the guests have to drive 20 minutes to get to the church, another 40 minutes to get to the reception, and then 40 minutes back to the hotel. 

One of my friends got married this summer, and their venues were also pretty far from the hotel. However, they arranged for shuttles to take their guests everywhere, and it worked out really well. While I still would have somewhat preferred to have not been sitting on a hotel shuttle bus for a half hour, it was certainly better than worrying about having to drive back.

Post # 9
    925 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I’m with oregonbride, it just depends.  If you are having alcohol, and no transportation to and from there.. people will not like that at all.  If there’s no alcohol, 40 mins is a breeze!

The topic ‘40 min. drive to far?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors