40+4, strong contractions, just lost mucous plug..

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
7262 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

I think most doctors go by the 5-1-1 rule. Contractions are 5 minutes apart, 1 minute long, for 1 hour. My OB says losing the mucus plug is a bit of a pregnancy myth, and that it just means that women will generally have more discharge as they move closer to birth. Being that you’re 40+4, I’m hoping it’s soon for you! It sounds like your body is starting to get ready.

Post # 4
1392 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I lost my plug about 10 days before I was induced due to GD at 39 weeks. I had been having erratic contractions for about a week before, but felt like my daughter was never going to vacate the premises. Lol. 

Your sweet baby will be here before you know it, and life will never be the same. I know it sounds like stupid advice, but try to savor these last few hours, they are going to be a vague memory soon!

Best wishes for a peaceful and smooth delivery! (Mine was one of the most fun, relaxed days of my life! And it ended with my sweet baby!)

Post # 5
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - Ceremony: St Patrick's Basilica Reception: Southern Cross Ballroom, Esplanade Hotel Fremantle

I lost my plug and had a bloody show the morning i went into established labour :), was yours bloody at all?

Post # 6
1311 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@MrsSmokey:  losing your plug means your cervix is dilating, which is good! real labour could still be days away, but it sounds promising. Lots of walking helps moves things along!

Bloody show is more indicative of impending labour than the mucous, I believe.

Post # 8
313 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2005

Most of the time the doctors go by the 5+1+1 rule but when in doubt check that cervix out!!  Good luck to you!

Post # 10
1392 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@MrsSmokey:  I understand! Mine just turned 2! Any time i say the word “baby” she tells me, “No mamma! I’m a big girl!” Ouch. Again, savor this time because your little one won’t be little forever!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors