(Closed) 41 days to go andddddd calm?! What is wrong with me

posted 5 years ago in May 2013
Post # 3
1839 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

i have a million little things left to do, but i am sort of just ignoring them…lol.

Post # 4
13 posts
Newbee

Good for you! I am not calm at all! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
50 posts
Worker bee

I have quite a few things left to do, but also feel calm!  I am doing lots of praying, it’s easy to share my burdens with God, who cares about the things that are going on with me.  The thought of joining my life with my sweet FI’s for the rest of the journey is exciting to me!  The wedding will be like us, casual and fun and probably not perfect.  At the end of the day, I will be the happiest woman in the world.

Post # 6
845 posts
Busy bee

@li612:  haha me too!  Totally ignoring them. 

Post # 7
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@HAPPEEBride I’m a May 4th bride too. I have almost everything done. The only thing stressing me out is A) My fiance and I move into our new house next weekend. (Minor! LOL)  And my mother has yet to take the time to come meet my fiance’s family!

My Mom lives about 8 hours away and has promised since we got engaged last fall that she would make the trip to help merge the two families. Well, she can’t get her @#%$ together (she doesn’t work either!) and now it looks like the two families won’t meet until the day of the wedding, which I find rude on my Mom’s part and slightly awkward. ๐Ÿ™ 

Post # 8
4687 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

@HAPPEEBride:  Good for you! I feel like a lot of us don’t plan ahead and don’t anticipate issues; thats why we get so stressed.

Enjoy this time, it’s so special!!

Post # 9
1113 posts
Bumble bee

I’m in between totally calm and FREAKING OUT because I feel like the calm is the result of something important slipping my mind…ugh! I honestly have no clue what needs to be my priority right now.

Post # 10
1278 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Nope you arent crazy at all. Mine is 4 days and I am so calm its crazy to me lol. I keep asking if something is wrong w me too though. My best friends wedding was last year and we were ALL wrecks the entire month before but mainly because hers was rushed and not very well organized at all. It ended up being a beautiful wedding but so stressful for everyone. I vowed ours would not be stressful for anyone and it hasnt been at all. Its been fun planning I will kinda be a little sad when the planning is over and wedding is  over. At least we will have the honeymoon to look forward to cause its not for another 3 months;)

Post # 11
998 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Good for you!! I was completely calm until five minutes before I walked down the aisle…and that was nerves not stress. all my vendors, photographers, etc told me that I was the calmest bride they had ever worked with. I am so happy I didn’t let it stress me out, bc it is only one day and you can enjoy the entire experience so much more if you are not letting the stress bother you. Enjoy it and good luck!!

Post # 12
1748 posts
Bumble bee

I feel calm for a good bit and then something will go wrong (and it can be super minor) and I lose my mind- yesterday it was the RSVP with no name on it (forgot to # them) and finding out two people potentially didn’t receive an invite (makes me wonder if others didn’t as well). The only things we really have remaining are to put together the welcome bags, make the programs and a few signs, mail the rehearsal dinner invites, and 8 million other things.

It will all be okay :/

Post # 13
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@HAPPEEBride:  I was calm until about 5 minutes before. Then again, I didn’t have very much to do since we did a small simple thing.

Post # 14
388 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I was completely calm, I basically had everything done and I was just waiting for it to hurry up and arrive haha

Post # 16
93 posts
Worker bee

Now only 35 more days!! OMG!!!!!!

The topic ‘41 days to go andddddd calm?! What is wrong with me’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors