(Closed) 43 days before our wedding and…

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Don’t “lose hope”, just get over it.

People are not accessories, they aren’t there to make your wedding look good. They’re there to support you because they are important people you love. If you are even considering not having her in your pictures because of a tattoo, you shouldn’t have ever asked her to be involved in the first place.

Post # 4
1622 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@MissButterTart:  Ditto.

OP, I understand your surprise….so take a few moments to get over your shock, then call your sister and apologise profusely for threatening to take her out of the wedding and move on.  And then proudly have your sister stand next to you on your wedding day.

Post # 7
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Get over it….. think of the memories it will bring when in 20 years you can sit down and look through your wedding album and say “hey sis, remember how you got that tatty like 6 weeks before my wedding and I freaked out?!” It’s a part of her now so you have to accept it 🙂

Post # 9
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I disagree, I would want it covered up since it’s in such an obvious spot.  Two of my bridesmaids had tattoos on their back and I didn’t care/notice them but right across her chest?  That will be in every single picture she’s in.  I mean I definitely think you should apologize for over reacting, but I’m not a fan of tattoos and wouldn’t want them in every single picture.  And I know most people will disagree with me, but that’s just my opinion about it.

They sell tattoo cover up at most bridal salons.

Post # 10
2450 posts
Buzzing bee

you and your sister already came to an agreement to cover this thing up, so it seems as this situation is taken care of. you just need a makeup recommendation, right?

awesome coverup and best advertisement ever.

Post # 11
732 posts
Busy bee

I disagree with PP’s. In my opinion, with her being your sister, she could have chosen a BETTER time to get the tattoo, such as in 44 days???! I get that people can do what they want to do, but REALLY.

Apparently Kat Von Dee sells some pretty good tattoo makeup at Sephora.

Post # 12
450 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I have to agree that your sister could have chosen a better time. However, that is now a part of her. In 50 years when you look at her, she will have that tattoo. It is a part of who she is, maybe not your favorite part, but still. There is make up out there, but often it looks cakey and people looking at that could be more distracting than the actual tattoo. 

But in the end it is a decision between you and your sister… tatoos and all. 

Post # 13
4046 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Perhaps the photographer can airbrush it ouf of some photos? is that an option?

Post # 14
251 posts
Helper bee

cover fx is the best. I’m using it on my sister as well.

Post # 16
1030 posts
Bumble bee

I have a lot of tattoos and it is absolutely not a good idea to try and cover a tattoo that is 6 weeks old.

Are you thinking of using make-up? That should only be used once the tattoo is FULLY healed and there is no way a chest piece will be full healed at 6 weeks.

It’s not worth the risk of your sister getting a huge infection just because you don’t want it in your photos. And infection could result in massive scarring on her chest.

As much as she should have thought about it and not had it done straight before your wedding, I think you should just leave it.

She’s your sister and that’s how she looks now! I would seriously re-consider. or get her to wear a flesh coloured top or something – I dunno.

Just don’t put make-up on a tattoo that’s only 6 weeks old.

The topic ‘43 days before our wedding and…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors