44 Days…..HOLY CROW this is happening

posted 3 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

49 days for us. I’m doing okay. Still have a few things left to do. Stopped by our ceremony site yesterday to check it out and see where things could be put, only to find a giant wooden structure had been built there (almost like a stage for a play). Thankfully, it’s just for the Shakespeare in the park that they’re doing (though we could have used it just fine) and will be gone in a couple of weeks.

Still freaking out about money. FI REALLY needs to talk to his parents about getting payments made and he just…won’t. I understand why he doesn’t want to, but it’s gotta happen. Trying to figure out how we’re going to get our marriage license.

I’ll be doing my hair and makeup trial and trying on my whole outfit in a week!

Post # 4
722 posts
Busy bee

36 days here. I feel…pretty good. I don’t think I’m behind on anything or stressed about what still needs to be done. I’m off of work today and have made it my mission to finish the last couple of things I can do here (our wedding is taking place across the country from where we live, so I have a lot of things I can’t finish up until we get there the week before the wedding). I’ve been shipping “wedding things” to FILs’ house over the past year or so, so I’m just worried we’re going to arrive 6 days before the wedding and I’m going to be opening boxes and being like “holy sh*t, what is all of this stuff and what did I want to do with it again??”

Post # 6
722 posts
Busy bee

@shanbp:  ahhh you are a saint for just staying speechless over the suit. I don’t know how I would feel about it, but considering your FI loves it, it doesn’t sound like you want to put up a fight. Good for you…you’re a better woman than I am! Also, THANK YOU for that awesome tip to make a list now for everything I’ve had shipped there. I will definitely be doing that for our coordinator’s and my sanities. 

Post # 8
52 posts
Worker bee

August 17, 2013 is my date too! I feel like there is a ton left to do, but at the same time it all seems to be falling into place very well. It’s coming so soon!

Post # 9
293 posts
Helper bee

I’m August 16th and I’m starting to feel so overwhelmed. When we first set a date back in November, I thought it would feel like forever before the day was here, but now I feel just the opposite! I feel like time is speeding up! To top it off, I just got my first full time job (only PT previously) so I lost a ton of free time I was counting on to get stuff done. Now I’m rescheduling meetings with vendors, hair appts, etc. due to a changing work schedule. Yikes! But I am excited too! 

Post # 11
52 posts
Worker bee

@shanbp: You pretty much nailed it! I’m really looking forward to the day I can think about things other than what’s on my wedding to do list or what I need to order and so on. The last month is going to be some serious gym crunch time. Got to keep working on the wedding arms!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors