4.5 months to go and I'm totes over it (well, hello vent)

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
311 posts
Helper bee

@Sugar_and_Spice:  girl I have had a fucking day too! I want to sit in the bath tub with a bottle of wine and cry. That is normal right?

Post # 5
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Sugar_and_Spice:  I’m right there with ya. I jsut sent my invites out, this should be a happy day but one thing after another is just going wrong. On top of that the company i’ve worked for, for 8 years is really struggling and it looks like they are going to shut the doors any minute, leaving me out of a job, 10 weeks away from my wedding with still so much money left to pay. We need to book our honeymoon now if we’re going but i just don’t know if it’s worth the risk, it’s going to cost us about $8000 and i may be out of a job. I just don’t know what to do. We’ve been together 6 years and never had a holiday, i’ve never taken time off from my job apart from when it’s closed at xmas, I deserve this friggin honeymoon!

And to top it all off it’s FI bday so we’re going out for dinner with the in laws, so not in the mood!

nikbee – crying in the bath with a bottle of wine sounds perfect!

Post # 7
2807 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Totally hear ya and we had already done the legal part we were throwing this party for them.  Ours was paid as we went along but I’m a temp and wasn’t sure I’d be able to pay for everying I wanted til 3 weeks before.  Then I came home to the wedding location and found out we still had to do 9 billion things (yes exageration) that I had been told had been done.  I wanted to cry every single day… And the day it all finally went down I broke down crying and we went to a hotel were I got sick all over the place and then finally felt better.  

Your FI is right though everything does work out.  Just take it one day at a time.  And if that’s too much hour by hour.  Do what you can in that time and don’t look back.  And the end all the stress will be realeased and it’ll be over!!

Post # 8
33 posts
  • Wedding: September 2013

58 days to go and my mother emails me 7 bloody pages worth of things I need to do…and the invitations place dicked us around and I have to lick 120 stamps tomorrow and send them out myself…2 out of 3 bridesmaids dresses haven’t come in…I cant find a necklace to wear, or earrings for my bridesmaids.

But you know what? Saturday night is my Hens Party and I am going to drink and dance and spend my weekend not ripping my hair out and wanting to cry lol. Fuck it, let’s all go on a holiday!

Post # 10
6784 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - A castle!

@Sugar_and_Spice:  We were just talking today about scrapping the wedding and taking a long vacation. Herding 20 people in a wedding party is like herding cats and I don’t know if I can handle it. I’m not even in full planning mode, but I can understand where you are coming from.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors